In postings on their Facebook page (see links below) Eva explained that “KillaJoule ran mechanically absolutely perfectly. It ran straight as a string, stable and strong.” Unfortunately they had a problem where “it shut down” if held at full throttle for a long time. Eva wrote “We believe that we have made a mistake while setting up the extremely sophisticated Rinehart motor controllers. These are state-of-the-art AC controllers and have a large number of parameters that can be tuned to give exactly the throttle response and behavior we want. If these parameters are set so they conflict, it can result in an unexpected shut down. We couldn’t figure it out on the track, but we are quite sure that it is simply a stupid little mistake somewhere in the setup. Except for that user-error, the Rinehart controllers and the gorgeous EVO motor work wonderfully. “
Eva went on to say the KillaJoule is quite capable of speeds well over 200 miles/hr. Being unable to hold full throttle for long made it impossible to achieve the speeds KillaJoule is capable of running.
We see they’re planning to return to the BUB Speed Trials at Bonneville in late August.
|While it’s a motorcycle, it’s a three wheeler due to this sidecar-like thing|
|— KillaJoule is race ready! — http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=410541388982455&set=a.134928633210400.12094.134690893234174&type=1&theater|
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021