The eFXC/TTXGP series headed to sunny Queensland Raceway for round two of a highly contested battle between Daniel Sailor (Ripperton Racing) and Jason Morris (Catavolt / Impact AV), the two having won a race a piece at the first round, the weather conditions promised to be good and true to form it delivered a beautiful weekend of racing.
Catavolt’s team owner Jon Eggenhuizen, had been busy redesigning the rear suspension and increasing the rim width of their machine. Daniel Sailor had spent considerable time beefing up his motor to try and put some extra punch in getting his machine off the mark.
Saturday saw qualifying produce some interesting results, Jason MORRIS (NSW) (Catavolt/Impact AV) took pole with a 1:34.099 on his final qualifying lap, while Daniel produced a 1:37.350. Catavolts extra KW’s making the difference.
While Catavolt’s times looked good they were experiencing some heat issues with the Enertrac hub motor in its new spoked mounting and this would prove to be a challenge for the team over the weekend.
Saturdays race produced some great racing and plenty of drama, Jason Morris got off to a great start but was closely followed by Daniel, the Ripperton machine still seemed to have the edge in the handling department but was being outgunned by Catavolt’s dual powered hub motor. But that was to change on lap 3 as the heat build-up started to trip the thermally protected Enertrac motor, leaving Morris to try and protect his lead with a much reduced power output.
Sunday produced another beautiful day as Queensland Raceway readied itself for the second of the eFXC/TTXGP races. The race started with the Catavolt machine jumping to a commanding lead as Sailor’s machine seem to bog down at the start, producing a 5 second gap at the end of the first lap. The gap lengthened to 7 then 8 seconds in the 2nd and 3rd laps, but once more the heat gremlins hit and Morris was left to nurse the bike to the finishing line to take the chequered Flag by 4 .07seconds.
|Pos||No||Name||w/field||Race 1||Race 2||Total|
|1||1||Jason MORRIS (NSW)||47||22||25||94|
|2||46||Daniel SAILER (NSW)||47||25||22||94|
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020