Is the only way Volkswagen can repair its image is to completely erase Diesel engines from its car line-up, and to completely switch to plug-in hybrid and battery electric vehicles? That’s what Robert Llewellyn says in this rant. Why is his opinion important? In addition to being an actor, TV show host, and comedian, what’s important at this moment is his years of work under the “Fully Charged” brand name exploring vehicle emissions, electric vehicles and clean energy. He is something of a hero to those of us who’ve been promoting electric vehicles ourselves.
As he says, Volkswagen lied to all of US … “conned us” … by claiming these TDI Diesel’s were ultra clean wonder-cars, when in fact they were nearly as bad as the old school dirty diesels. The lie was told to the EPA, CARB and other regulatory agencies. Those agencies then awarded Volkswagen with green car awards, prominence in publications about clean vehicles, and even government subsidies. In other words, those agencies repeated Volkswagen’s lie by telling us their vehicles were so clean.
Why did Diesel cars become so popular in England? (now 55% of all cars) It was seen by the government as higher fuel efficiency, less CO2 emissions, and the fuel is cheaper because it’s easier to produce. However, most of that has now been disproved.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021