Lucas di Grassi has left his test driver post with the FIA Formula E organization, so that he can be a driver with one of the teams. The issue is that FIA rules don’t allow a series test driver to also be a participant in the series, and therefore to be in the series he has to join one of the teams.
According to a report on Thursday on German news site, Motorsport-Total, di Grassi is thought to be planning to race with the Audi Sport ABT Formula E team, because of his existing connections with Audi through Le Mans racing.
This leaves an opening at Formula E for a test driver. According to CurrentE, the Formula E office didn’t confirm di Grassi’s departure, but did confirm the rules quandary that would force di Grassi to leave.
Apparently, “The Stig” (Ben Collins) has said he’s going to join Formula E racing – as a development driver
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020