Lucas di Grassi has left his test driver post with the FIA Formula E organization, so that he can be a driver with one of the teams. The issue is that FIA rules don’t allow a series test driver to also be a participant in the series, and therefore to be in the series he has to join one of the teams.
According to a report on Thursday on German news site, Motorsport-Total, di Grassi is thought to be planning to race with the Audi Sport ABT Formula E team, because of his existing connections with Audi through Le Mans racing.
This leaves an opening at Formula E for a test driver. According to CurrentE, the Formula E office didn’t confirm di Grassi’s departure, but did confirm the rules quandary that would force di Grassi to leave.
Apparently, “The Stig” (Ben Collins) has said he’s going to join Formula E racing – as a development driver
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021