Finally, a “Cruiser” styled electric motorcycle, though it’s still not the kind of cruiser bike I want (hint: my gas bike is a Honda Rebel 250). Anyway, Voxan Motors has unveiled the WATTMAN at the Paris Motorcycle Show.
Details are slim: 200 horsepower, 200 Nm of torque, up to 10,500 RPM, 0-160 km/hr in 5.9 seconds (0-100 miles/hr). It sports a permanent magnet liquid cooled motor.
These make them claim it’s the most powerful electric motorcycle in existence. We can think of a few organizations that would like to contest such a claim.
The 12.8 kilowatt-hour battery pack is said to give a 120 mile riding range. But, interpolating that from spec’s of other bikes, I suspect this range figure is at city streets speeds rather than highway speeds or racing speeds. Charging time is 80% in less than 30 minutes thanks to support of the SAE DC Fast Charging system – but the problem there is the scarcity of compatible charging stations.
This bike is clearly NOT aimed at racing. Instead the company says the WATTMAN is “Primarily intended for an exclusive international clientele seeking innovation” and that production will be limited to “unit-by-unit, upon order, and hand-assembled in France, at the Solesmes (Sarthe) Electric Vehicle Manufacture.” In other words, this may never see anything other than the garages of rich men.
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021