Finally, a “Cruiser” styled electric motorcycle, though it’s still not the kind of cruiser bike I want (hint: my gas bike is a Honda Rebel 250). Anyway, Voxan Motors has unveiled the WATTMAN at the Paris Motorcycle Show.
Details are slim: 200 horsepower, 200 Nm of torque, up to 10,500 RPM, 0-160 km/hr in 5.9 seconds (0-100 miles/hr). It sports a permanent magnet liquid cooled motor.
These make them claim it’s the most powerful electric motorcycle in existence. We can think of a few organizations that would like to contest such a claim.
The 12.8 kilowatt-hour battery pack is said to give a 120 mile riding range. But, interpolating that from spec’s of other bikes, I suspect this range figure is at city streets speeds rather than highway speeds or racing speeds. Charging time is 80% in less than 30 minutes thanks to support of the SAE DC Fast Charging system – but the problem there is the scarcity of compatible charging stations.
This bike is clearly NOT aimed at racing. Instead the company says the WATTMAN is “Primarily intended for an exclusive international clientele seeking innovation” and that production will be limited to “unit-by-unit, upon order, and hand-assembled in France, at the Solesmes (Sarthe) Electric Vehicle Manufacture.” In other words, this may never see anything other than the garages of rich men.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020