The Refuel Races are returning to Laguna Seca for the 5th year. I’ve covered that event for 3 out of the 4 years it has existed, and the 2012 race was awesome if only because of the sheer number of electric vehicles on the track at one time. The electric car portion in 2012 had over 30 entrants, 12+ of which were either Tesla Roadsters or Tesla Model S’s. It was simply amazing watching an electric car race where there was a serious traffic jam problem because of the number of cars on the track at the same time.
I believe it was Brian Hall (a long time electric race vehicle builder) who said to me, watching this spectacle, that it was almost certainly the largest number ever of high performance electric vehicles racing on a track at the same time.
For the 2013 event, signups are now open. It costs a bit of money to participate, and the amount is a fraction of what it would cost for a regular track day. The total number of entrants per class is being limited.
The company is encouraging anybody with an electric car to enter, and the 2011 and 2012 events had a number of Nissan Leaf owners participating.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020