We now have some information on one of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb entries, eO, thanks to a blog post describing their goals and electric race car. The car is pictured here and the Audi sign in the background may well have something to do with why this car looks like the Audi R-18’s that have been running in the World Endurance Cup. The team is new to the Pikes Peak race, but have built electric cars for a couple off-road races.
By saying this I suspect they are looking to win the race outright: “So far no electric car has won the event outright but they are becoming a force to be reckoned with. “
Describing the car, they say: “Utilising years of experience in motorsport engineering, eO has designed a tubular spaceframe prototype with a bought-in carbon fibre body kit. The PP01 chassis features an innovative 400 kW all-wheel electric drive architecture which makes it a worthy contender.“
“We know our technology is capable of breaking the current Pikes Peak record,” says eO chief engineer Andris Dambis, “but there is an incredibly tight field battling it out this year. We therefore acknowledge the unpredictable nature of the event but nevertheless aim to showcase previously unseen electric vehicle capabilities. That is the spirit at eO.”
The team is planning to do extensive testing in May before shipping the car to Colorado for the race. They are located in Latvia.
- Hydrogen stations in SF Bay Area still offline, 4 months after explosion - September 20, 2019
- Trump’s team possibly committing bad crimes over the Biden/Ukraine story - September 20, 2019
- Daimler to stop developing internal combustion engines - September 19, 2019
- The fight against Trump Administration plan to revoke California clean air standards - September 18, 2019
- A 2011 Leaf with a 60 kWh battery pack and 400 km driving range - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says Tesla is coming to Romania soon - September 9, 2019
- An inexpensive AI computer kit for understanding autonomous self-driving cars - September 3, 2019
- A practical reason behind Trump’s insane quest to buy Greenland? - August 30, 2019
- Digital redlining with scooter and car sharing services - August 30, 2019
- German EV Study: Fast Charging not required at home - August 28, 2019