We now have some information on one of the Pikes Peak Hill Climb entries, eO, thanks to a blog post describing their goals and electric race car. The car is pictured here and the Audi sign in the background may well have something to do with why this car looks like the Audi R-18’s that have been running in the World Endurance Cup. The team is new to the Pikes Peak race, but have built electric cars for a couple off-road races.
By saying this I suspect they are looking to win the race outright: “So far no electric car has won the event outright but they are becoming a force to be reckoned with. “
Describing the car, they say: “Utilising years of experience in motorsport engineering, eO has designed a tubular spaceframe prototype with a bought-in carbon fibre body kit. The PP01 chassis features an innovative 400 kW all-wheel electric drive architecture which makes it a worthy contender.“
“We know our technology is capable of breaking the current Pikes Peak record,” says eO chief engineer Andris Dambis, “but there is an incredibly tight field battling it out this year. We therefore acknowledge the unpredictable nature of the event but nevertheless aim to showcase previously unseen electric vehicle capabilities. That is the spirit at eO.”
The team is planning to do extensive testing in May before shipping the car to Colorado for the race. They are located in Latvia.
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021