Formula E has released the first sketch of the new Formula E race car. The design work is being done by Dallara. I didn’t get any information along with the sketch.
Until now the only images we’ve had for Formula E was the old Formulec electric race car. Given that Frédéric Vasseur led Formulec, and is leading Spark Racing Technologies (SRT), it was fair for us to have shown the Formulec car in previous coverage. However, this sketch is giving us a glimpse into the car design which will race in the Formula E series.
The name shown is Spark SRT_01E.
It’s an open wheel design, an open cockpit, several wings for aerodynamics, an air intake, etc. Looks like a race car.
The plan is for Spark Racing Technologies and McLaren to team together in building 42 race cars for the 2014 season. These will be made available for race teams as well as for testing.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021