Formula E has released the first sketch of the new Formula E race car. The design work is being done by Dallara. I didn’t get any information along with the sketch.
Until now the only images we’ve had for Formula E was the old Formulec electric race car. Given that Frédéric Vasseur led Formulec, and is leading Spark Racing Technologies (SRT), it was fair for us to have shown the Formulec car in previous coverage. However, this sketch is giving us a glimpse into the car design which will race in the Formula E series.
The name shown is Spark SRT_01E.
It’s an open wheel design, an open cockpit, several wings for aerodynamics, an air intake, etc. Looks like a race car.
The plan is for Spark Racing Technologies and McLaren to team together in building 42 race cars for the 2014 season. These will be made available for race teams as well as for testing.
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA to increase domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America on route to USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021