Formula E has released the first sketch of the new Formula E race car. The design work is being done by Dallara. I didn’t get any information along with the sketch.
Until now the only images we’ve had for Formula E was the old Formulec electric race car. Given that Frédéric Vasseur led Formulec, and is leading Spark Racing Technologies (SRT), it was fair for us to have shown the Formulec car in previous coverage. However, this sketch is giving us a glimpse into the car design which will race in the Formula E series.
The name shown is Spark SRT_01E.
It’s an open wheel design, an open cockpit, several wings for aerodynamics, an air intake, etc. Looks like a race car.
The plan is for Spark Racing Technologies and McLaren to team together in building 42 race cars for the 2014 season. These will be made available for race teams as well as for testing.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020