Formula E has released the first sketch of the new Formula E race car. The design work is being done by Dallara. I didn’t get any information along with the sketch.
Until now the only images we’ve had for Formula E was the old Formulec electric race car. Given that Frédéric Vasseur led Formulec, and is leading Spark Racing Technologies (SRT), it was fair for us to have shown the Formulec car in previous coverage. However, this sketch is giving us a glimpse into the car design which will race in the Formula E series.
The name shown is Spark SRT_01E.
It’s an open wheel design, an open cockpit, several wings for aerodynamics, an air intake, etc. Looks like a race car.
The plan is for Spark Racing Technologies and McLaren to team together in building 42 race cars for the 2014 season. These will be made available for race teams as well as for testing.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021