It is based on Empulse R (as expected) so all the positive experience Empulse R owners are giving will be carrying over to the TTX.
The Empulse TTX was announced in July 2011, the weekend of the e-Power/TTXGP race at Laguna Seca. Essentially the deal is Brammo is building some of the Empulse’s to TTXGP race specifications. Then an interested team purchases the bike, along with one year of entry fees to TTXGP races. See
Brammo and TTXGP announce strategic partnership around the Empulse race bike
This should put the Empulse TTX in the group which was called eSuperStock during the 2012 season. That award group was made up of electric motorcycles in production quantities over 25 units sold. By the time the season starts Brammo will have delivered 25 Empulse R’s, I’d imagine.
We should expect Empulse TTX details to be announced shortly because teams need to start lining up their bikes for the 2013 season.
For reference, here’s a picture of a regular Empulse R that was also just posted by Brammo on Facebook
This image is of an Empulse TTX posted in December by Brammo on Facebook
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019