It is based on Empulse R (as expected) so all the positive experience Empulse R owners are giving will be carrying over to the TTX.
The Empulse TTX was announced in July 2011, the weekend of the e-Power/TTXGP race at Laguna Seca. Essentially the deal is Brammo is building some of the Empulse’s to TTXGP race specifications. Then an interested team purchases the bike, along with one year of entry fees to TTXGP races. See
Brammo and TTXGP announce strategic partnership around the Empulse race bike
This should put the Empulse TTX in the group which was called eSuperStock during the 2012 season. That award group was made up of electric motorcycles in production quantities over 25 units sold. By the time the season starts Brammo will have delivered 25 Empulse R’s, I’d imagine.
We should expect Empulse TTX details to be announced shortly because teams need to start lining up their bikes for the 2013 season.
For reference, here’s a picture of a regular Empulse R that was also just posted by Brammo on Facebook
This image is of an Empulse TTX posted in December by Brammo on Facebook
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021