Drayson Racing Technologies has built the Lola-Drayson B12/69EV electric race car and taken it to events around the world. I got to see it at EVS26 in May 2012, and it is a way-cool looking electric race car. This is their rendering, and it looks cooler in person.
The team is looking to have two drivers, and Formula E Holdings allocates four cars to each team. During 2013 DRT will be working with Spark and Formula E Holdings on both testing the Formula E “customer car” as well as the exhibition events that are going to be held around the world.
The 2014 Formula E season will consist of 10 races, racing on city street circuits in cities around the world. They recently signed Rome Italy as one of those cities.
Drayson Racing Technologies has been pioneering green racing initiatives since 2007 and has been acting as Scientific Adviser in terms of sustainability to the FIA Formula E Championship during its establishment over the past few months.
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021