Drayson Racing Technologies has built the Lola-Drayson B12/69EV electric race car and taken it to events around the world. I got to see it at EVS26 in May 2012, and it is a way-cool looking electric race car. This is their rendering, and it looks cooler in person.
The team is looking to have two drivers, and Formula E Holdings allocates four cars to each team. During 2013 DRT will be working with Spark and Formula E Holdings on both testing the Formula E “customer car” as well as the exhibition events that are going to be held around the world.
The 2014 Formula E season will consist of 10 races, racing on city street circuits in cities around the world. They recently signed Rome Italy as one of those cities.
Drayson Racing Technologies has been pioneering green racing initiatives since 2007 and has been acting as Scientific Adviser in terms of sustainability to the FIA Formula E Championship during its establishment over the past few months.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021