|Steve Atlas, TTXGP North America Champion for 2nd year running|
For a full race report see Brammo wins the TTXGP North American Championship 2nd year running
Eric Bostrom lead after the first half of the first lap, and ended up nearly 17 seconds ahead of Steve Atlas. Considering that at Laguna Seca, Atlas finished just a couple seconds behind Michael Barnes riding for Lightning Motorcycles, one wonders what would have happened had Lightning ran in todays race. In every meeting to date between Lightning and Brammo, Lightning won convincingly. Since the Laguna Seca race, Brammo has been working hard tuning the new motor provided by Parker, and working with Bostrom on the setup of the bike. Would Lightning beat Brammo today, or would it be the other way around? We can’t know.
The rider points for the season can let us play mental games about what could have been, rather than what did occur:
TTXGP North America 2012 Rider championship TOP FIVE:
Steve Atlas Team Icon Brammo 65 points
Kenyon Kluge K sqaured Racing 51 points
Matt Kent Virginia Tech Bolt 45 points
Eric Bostrom Team Icon Brammo 41 points
Michael Barnes Baracuda Lightning 38 points
1st place winners get 25 points, 2nd place winners get 20 points, 3rd place winners get 16 points, and so on. How could the season results have been different had Lightning shown up to race? This question is a great “what if” that we are not privileged to know the answer, because the universe we live in took a different path.
Where was Lightning? Preparing for the e-Power/TTX race at Le Mans next weekend.
Jeremiah Johnson (BE-EV.COM) was present and ran in the qualifying and practice races. While he has improved his bike considerably since Laguna Seca (where it didn’t even run), the bike gave Johnson enough trouble on the track that he pulled out of the race.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019