|Steve Atlas, TTXGP North America Champion for 2nd year running|
For a full race report see Brammo wins the TTXGP North American Championship 2nd year running
Eric Bostrom lead after the first half of the first lap, and ended up nearly 17 seconds ahead of Steve Atlas. Considering that at Laguna Seca, Atlas finished just a couple seconds behind Michael Barnes riding for Lightning Motorcycles, one wonders what would have happened had Lightning ran in todays race. In every meeting to date between Lightning and Brammo, Lightning won convincingly. Since the Laguna Seca race, Brammo has been working hard tuning the new motor provided by Parker, and working with Bostrom on the setup of the bike. Would Lightning beat Brammo today, or would it be the other way around? We can’t know.
The rider points for the season can let us play mental games about what could have been, rather than what did occur:
TTXGP North America 2012 Rider championship TOP FIVE:
Steve Atlas Team Icon Brammo 65 points
Kenyon Kluge K sqaured Racing 51 points
Matt Kent Virginia Tech Bolt 45 points
Eric Bostrom Team Icon Brammo 41 points
Michael Barnes Baracuda Lightning 38 points
1st place winners get 25 points, 2nd place winners get 20 points, 3rd place winners get 16 points, and so on. How could the season results have been different had Lightning shown up to race? This question is a great “what if” that we are not privileged to know the answer, because the universe we live in took a different path.
Where was Lightning? Preparing for the e-Power/TTX race at Le Mans next weekend.
Jeremiah Johnson (BE-EV.COM) was present and ran in the qualifying and practice races. While he has improved his bike considerably since Laguna Seca (where it didn’t even run), the bike gave Johnson enough trouble on the track that he pulled out of the race.
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019