|Steve Atlas, TTXGP North America Champion for 2nd year running|
For a full race report see Brammo wins the TTXGP North American Championship 2nd year running
Eric Bostrom lead after the first half of the first lap, and ended up nearly 17 seconds ahead of Steve Atlas. Considering that at Laguna Seca, Atlas finished just a couple seconds behind Michael Barnes riding for Lightning Motorcycles, one wonders what would have happened had Lightning ran in todays race. In every meeting to date between Lightning and Brammo, Lightning won convincingly. Since the Laguna Seca race, Brammo has been working hard tuning the new motor provided by Parker, and working with Bostrom on the setup of the bike. Would Lightning beat Brammo today, or would it be the other way around? We can’t know.
The rider points for the season can let us play mental games about what could have been, rather than what did occur:
TTXGP North America 2012 Rider championship TOP FIVE:
Steve Atlas Team Icon Brammo 65 points
Kenyon Kluge K sqaured Racing 51 points
Matt Kent Virginia Tech Bolt 45 points
Eric Bostrom Team Icon Brammo 41 points
Michael Barnes Baracuda Lightning 38 points
1st place winners get 25 points, 2nd place winners get 20 points, 3rd place winners get 16 points, and so on. How could the season results have been different had Lightning shown up to race? This question is a great “what if” that we are not privileged to know the answer, because the universe we live in took a different path.
Where was Lightning? Preparing for the e-Power/TTX race at Le Mans next weekend.
Jeremiah Johnson (BE-EV.COM) was present and ran in the qualifying and practice races. While he has improved his bike considerably since Laguna Seca (where it didn’t even run), the bike gave Johnson enough trouble on the track that he pulled out of the race.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020