|Steve Atlas, TTXGP North America Champion for 2nd year running|
For a full race report see Brammo wins the TTXGP North American Championship 2nd year running
Eric Bostrom lead after the first half of the first lap, and ended up nearly 17 seconds ahead of Steve Atlas. Considering that at Laguna Seca, Atlas finished just a couple seconds behind Michael Barnes riding for Lightning Motorcycles, one wonders what would have happened had Lightning ran in todays race. In every meeting to date between Lightning and Brammo, Lightning won convincingly. Since the Laguna Seca race, Brammo has been working hard tuning the new motor provided by Parker, and working with Bostrom on the setup of the bike. Would Lightning beat Brammo today, or would it be the other way around? We can’t know.
The rider points for the season can let us play mental games about what could have been, rather than what did occur:
TTXGP North America 2012 Rider championship TOP FIVE:
Steve Atlas Team Icon Brammo 65 points
Kenyon Kluge K sqaured Racing 51 points
Matt Kent Virginia Tech Bolt 45 points
Eric Bostrom Team Icon Brammo 41 points
Michael Barnes Baracuda Lightning 38 points
1st place winners get 25 points, 2nd place winners get 20 points, 3rd place winners get 16 points, and so on. How could the season results have been different had Lightning shown up to race? This question is a great “what if” that we are not privileged to know the answer, because the universe we live in took a different path.
Where was Lightning? Preparing for the e-Power/TTX race at Le Mans next weekend.
Jeremiah Johnson (BE-EV.COM) was present and ran in the qualifying and practice races. While he has improved his bike considerably since Laguna Seca (where it didn’t even run), the bike gave Johnson enough trouble on the track that he pulled out of the race.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021