Gearing up for the FIM E-Power/TTXGP International Championship in Le Mans, France. The race is on the Eighth (7 days away!), so we’re shipping out pretty quickly here.
That answers the first question, why weren’t they at Miller. They were instead preparing for Le Mans. The question then is, “Why Le Mans?”
I managed to talk with Richard Hatfield by phone this morning, shortly before the race at Miller Motorsports, to get insight into the team’s thinking behind this decision.
The answer comes down to a pair of motivations. One is simply the prestige or glamour of not only being at Le Mans on the weekend of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but to participate in a race held on-site during that weekend. The opportunity arose, and the team chose to take the opportunity. The second part is a little more complex and has to do with a path in which Lightning could well win the 2012 e-Power Championship. Going by the results at Laguna Seca, Lightning soundly beat Muench Racing and the same result could occur again.
For the Le Mans race, Lightning has selected famed AMA Pro racer Miguel Duhamel to ride for the team. Duhamel is the second winningest racer in the AMA SuperBike series, and has the most wins in the AMA SportBike series. He retired from racing four years ago, and is coming out of retirement to race with Lightning at Le Mans.
- A destroyed Paradise, PG&E shuts down power, Tesla catches up with Zombie Apocalypse - October 10, 2019
- Iowa declares EV charging is not a utility, and allows use of on-site solar/wind - October 9, 2019
- Trump administration reopens leasing of federal lands in California for fracking - October 7, 2019
- Fremont Police disputes hooplah over Tesla-based patrol car running out of power - October 1, 2019
- Solar and Wind power could help Romania avoid electricity blackouts - October 1, 2019
- Maserati, Bently, announce electrified vehicles - September 28, 2019
- Minnesota defies Trump, joins states using California clean car standards - September 28, 2019
- Hyundai launching Green Hydrogen fuel cell trucks in Switzerland - September 26, 2019
- First gasoline station in the USA switches to 100% electric vehicle charging - September 26, 2019
- The over-amped response to a Tesla-based Police car running out of power - September 25, 2019