Gearing up for the FIM E-Power/TTXGP International Championship in Le Mans, France. The race is on the Eighth (7 days away!), so we’re shipping out pretty quickly here.
That answers the first question, why weren’t they at Miller. They were instead preparing for Le Mans. The question then is, “Why Le Mans?”
I managed to talk with Richard Hatfield by phone this morning, shortly before the race at Miller Motorsports, to get insight into the team’s thinking behind this decision.
The answer comes down to a pair of motivations. One is simply the prestige or glamour of not only being at Le Mans on the weekend of the 24 Hours of Le Mans, but to participate in a race held on-site during that weekend. The opportunity arose, and the team chose to take the opportunity. The second part is a little more complex and has to do with a path in which Lightning could well win the 2012 e-Power Championship. Going by the results at Laguna Seca, Lightning soundly beat Muench Racing and the same result could occur again.
For the Le Mans race, Lightning has selected famed AMA Pro racer Miguel Duhamel to ride for the team. Duhamel is the second winningest racer in the AMA SuperBike series, and has the most wins in the AMA SportBike series. He retired from racing four years ago, and is coming out of retirement to race with Lightning at Le Mans.
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019