This speed is in the neighborhood of the Lightning Motorcycle and Chip Yates records from 2011. Lightning achieved a 215 miles/hr record, and Chip Yates set four records the fastest of which was just shy of 200 miles/hr. The thing is that the KillaJoule and the Lightning/Yates bikes are in different race classes. Where Lightning & Yates raced with regular motorcycles, the KillaJoule is a full streamliner.
This picture should help to understand the distinction.
|On the Bonneville Salt flats with Bill Dube and Eva Haakansson and their electric streamliner. Eva’s first run was a new record so we are in impound until the second run is made.|
Sunday they reported a brief rain storm that created a lake on the salt
|After a brief rain storm this place turns into a lake. Team Killajoule has gone a little higher with the gearing for tomorrow. The course should be smoother and faster tomorrow, after this afternoons showers.|
Also on Sunday they had a shake-down run during which they hit 159 miles/hr on the first pass, which then broke their record from last year necessitating a second run. On the return pass they hit a 175 miles/hr average and exit speed over 180 miles/hr. For Monday they planned to fiddle with the gearing and shoot for speeds over 200 miles/hr.
|— AMA record for KillaJoule at 167.851 mph —
Time slips from the runs on Sunday
For Monday the report was that the track was wet and slippery in the morning. Eva couldn’t get the KillaJoule beyond 169 miles/hr. This beat their record from yesterday, earning them a shot at a second run, by which time the track dried up. The average over the return run was 213.190 miles/hr with exit speed close to 220 miles/hr.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019