This speed is in the neighborhood of the Lightning Motorcycle and Chip Yates records from 2011. Lightning achieved a 215 miles/hr record, and Chip Yates set four records the fastest of which was just shy of 200 miles/hr. The thing is that the KillaJoule and the Lightning/Yates bikes are in different race classes. Where Lightning & Yates raced with regular motorcycles, the KillaJoule is a full streamliner.
This picture should help to understand the distinction.
|On the Bonneville Salt flats with Bill Dube and Eva Haakansson and their electric streamliner. Eva’s first run was a new record so we are in impound until the second run is made.|
Sunday they reported a brief rain storm that created a lake on the salt
|After a brief rain storm this place turns into a lake. Team Killajoule has gone a little higher with the gearing for tomorrow. The course should be smoother and faster tomorrow, after this afternoons showers.|
Also on Sunday they had a shake-down run during which they hit 159 miles/hr on the first pass, which then broke their record from last year necessitating a second run. On the return pass they hit a 175 miles/hr average and exit speed over 180 miles/hr. For Monday they planned to fiddle with the gearing and shoot for speeds over 200 miles/hr.
|— AMA record for KillaJoule at 167.851 mph —
Time slips from the runs on Sunday
For Monday the report was that the track was wet and slippery in the morning. Eva couldn’t get the KillaJoule beyond 169 miles/hr. This beat their record from yesterday, earning them a shot at a second run, by which time the track dried up. The average over the return run was 213.190 miles/hr with exit speed close to 220 miles/hr.
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA to increase domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America on route to USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021