This beat the teams 2011 record of 112.349mph by 30 miles/hr. The new record is in the “Altered Electric A3” class.
The increase was due primarily to having borrowed a FlightPower lithium cobalt oxide battery pack from Lawless Industries. Shawn Lawless is an electric drag race vehicle builder and racer, and has been supporting this team for a couple years.
Asst. Prof. Marcello Canova, faculty advisor, “The latest ECTA speed record is a fantastic achievement for the team, and an important learning experience for the design of the new electric race motorcycle. Most of all, it shows the skills, ingenuity, and resilience of this student group, able to build an electric bike from ground up in less than two years and achieve two speed records.”
- Ford flatters Tesla with new Mustang Mach-E - November 21, 2019
- Microgrids could prevent extreme power outages, but some experts disagree - November 18, 2019
- Scam alert tossed at Lightning Motorcycles - November 13, 2019
- Rivian talking electric adventure trucks while developing electric commercial trucks - November 13, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 arrives in China with dual charging ports - November 12, 2019
- Tesla Model 3 achieves 1000km in 10 hours on Ionity chargers - October 31, 2019
- GM, other automakers, side with Trump Administration in fight against California - October 28, 2019
- CPUC aiming regulatory guns at utilities that over-do power shut-off events - October 28, 2019
- Climate Change threatens existence of PG&E and many other companies - October 27, 2019
- The TT ZERO race is dead after years of neglect by IOM TT organization - October 25, 2019