BTW, Steve was present at the Brammo Empulse launch in LA a couple days after the race. I spoke with him for a few moments, and he seemed fine, clarifying the injury he had received. He also explained he had done quite a lot of the test riding of the Empulse during its development. We were most happy to learn that Steve was okay, as demonstrated by not only having been sent home from the hospital on the day of the accident, but by being able to travel to LA so shortly afterward.
The TTXGP staff explained the video thusly: Steve Atlas gives a quick run down on his hopes for the year, before doing a few laps on the 1st practice session at Infineon Raceway. Steve is riding for Team Icon Brammo, but highsided 3 laps into the session after unofficially breaking his own lap record from last year. He has hurt his hand, and the bike may be unrepairable. Check back for updates on whether they will be able to race.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019