During the qualifying race he didn’t seen to have completed an entire lap at full speed. In one lap he pulled over to the pit wall to confer with team members. It was this lap in which he wrecked.
The wreck occurred in lap 7, just before the turn. This is a sharp hairpin turn and is where Atlas crashed yesterday.
At this point we haven’t heard a clear accounting of what happened and other riders didn’t observe it happening. One rider said it looked like Rapp’s bike went into the corner too tight. However that corner is a right hander, and all the damage to the bike is on the left side.
Brian Wisman said it definitely was not rider error. There was cooling fluid on the rear tire which is believed to have been a factor. Wisman expressed his most sincere apology to the other teams for which Atlas and Rapp were riding.
Word from the medical center is that Rapp broke his wrist, and is otherwise in good spirits.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019