During the qualifying race he didn’t seen to have completed an entire lap at full speed. In one lap he pulled over to the pit wall to confer with team members. It was this lap in which he wrecked.
The wreck occurred in lap 7, just before the turn. This is a sharp hairpin turn and is where Atlas crashed yesterday.
At this point we haven’t heard a clear accounting of what happened and other riders didn’t observe it happening. One rider said it looked like Rapp’s bike went into the corner too tight. However that corner is a right hander, and all the damage to the bike is on the left side.
Brian Wisman said it definitely was not rider error. There was cooling fluid on the rear tire which is believed to have been a factor. Wisman expressed his most sincere apology to the other teams for which Atlas and Rapp were riding.
Word from the medical center is that Rapp broke his wrist, and is otherwise in good spirits.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021