Over on Facebook, Jeremiah Johnson (a pro AMA Racer) announced he had applied and been approved to race in the 2012 TTXGP North America season. Johnson, in addition to being an AMA Pro, has been interested in electric motorcycles for several years. I met him in 2009 when the TTXGP team came to the Vintage Motorcycle Race at the Mid-Ohio track (just north of Columbus). At that time he was riding a bike built by Enertrac (see picture below), but he explained the large number of race bike frames in his shop in Florida, that he envisioned rebuilding as electric motorcycles, with the intention to race in the TTXGP. Unfortunately, the 2010 and 2011 seasons came and went with no appearance by Johnson. Fortunately this is about to change, it appears.
His recent facebook activity has shown he is in the shop building electric bikes. His most recent posting says:
It’s official, my entry is in to race the whole season of the North American TTXGP Championship. Only bad part is that there is a race at PIR in Portland that conflicts with the AMA Pro Racings race at Barber in Alabama the same weekend. I’m probably going to have to skip that PIR race.
He was also able to secure his number, 64, to use in TTXGP. His choice to skip a race will make it incredibly hard to achieve a high TTXGP points ranking, however.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021