The TTXGP has announced an agreement with the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) for “terms and contracts to deliver the worlds first zero carbon national championship”. It will be a series of four races with two classes of zero carbon motorcycles (principally electric). The TTXGP launched in 2008 with a vision of a motorcycle racing series meant to serve as a proving ground for zero carbon vehicle technology. The first TTXGP race was held at the Isle of Man TT races in 2009.
The details of “when” and “where” are not available at this moment other than it is a national UK championship series. The TTXGP team has made it clear they expect a US championship series in 2010 as well as to return to the Isle of Man in 2010.
Earlier this year the TTXGP team had announced two classes would be used, the Pro1 and Pro2, and that they were dispensing with the Open class. The Pro1 class bikes are expected to make one lap around the TT Mountain Course while the Pro2 class bikes are expected to make two laps with the option for a battery pack exchange between laps 1 and 2. It isn’t said what the Pro1 and Pro2 classes mean for races on regular tracks other than the TT Mountain Course. But even this is not set in stone as another recent announcement describes a possible SuperMoto class. Clearly some details are still in flux.
Additionally while announcing the agreement with the ACU the TTXGP team alluded to a new program being launched through Mavizen. The Mavizen name is associated with the TTX01 motorcycle build to demonstrate feasibility. In 2008 when first unveiled they promised to build 50 motorcycles by 2010. Could they be getting ready to fulfill that promise? Details are promised to be available soon.
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021