The TTXGP has announced an agreement with the Auto-Cycle Union (ACU) for “terms and contracts to deliver the worlds first zero carbon national championship”. It will be a series of four races with two classes of zero carbon motorcycles (principally electric). The TTXGP launched in 2008 with a vision of a motorcycle racing series meant to serve as a proving ground for zero carbon vehicle technology. The first TTXGP race was held at the Isle of Man TT races in 2009.
The details of “when” and “where” are not available at this moment other than it is a national UK championship series. The TTXGP team has made it clear they expect a US championship series in 2010 as well as to return to the Isle of Man in 2010.
Earlier this year the TTXGP team had announced two classes would be used, the Pro1 and Pro2, and that they were dispensing with the Open class. The Pro1 class bikes are expected to make one lap around the TT Mountain Course while the Pro2 class bikes are expected to make two laps with the option for a battery pack exchange between laps 1 and 2. It isn’t said what the Pro1 and Pro2 classes mean for races on regular tracks other than the TT Mountain Course. But even this is not set in stone as another recent announcement describes a possible SuperMoto class. Clearly some details are still in flux.
Additionally while announcing the agreement with the ACU the TTXGP team alluded to a new program being launched through Mavizen. The Mavizen name is associated with the TTX01 motorcycle build to demonstrate feasibility. In 2008 when first unveiled they promised to build 50 motorcycles by 2010. Could they be getting ready to fulfill that promise? Details are promised to be available soon.
- Clinton claims, in leaked e-mails, anti-fracking groups funded by Putin (Russia) - October 12, 2016
- Dieselgate-like problem found in television sets by new NRDC report - September 22, 2016
- The 238 mile range Chevy Bolt is not a threat to Tesla Motors, Tesla is a threat to itself - September 14, 2016
- BMW, VW, ChargePoint claim to finish East/West charging corridors rings hollow - September 14, 2016
- Chinese Model S auto-pilot crash says we shouldn’t rely on autopilot mode, yet - September 14, 2016
- TI enabling smart EVSE’s by adding WiFi to charging station reference design - August 30, 2016
- Do we need a 500 mile range Tesla or other electric car? - August 27, 2016
- ChargePoint et al argues PG&E’s charging station plan is anti-competitive - August 10, 2016
- Solar Impulse demonstrates implementation of the clean energy paradigm we deserve - July 26, 2016
- Solar Impulse makes history as the first around-the-world solar-electric airplane flight, 40,000+ km with no fuel - July 25, 2016