And, no, they don’t mean that old quip about Ford. Instead they mean to help you navigate the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) popularly known as Cash For Clunkers.
As noted before the Cash for Clunkers program is not exactly simple especially in determining whether your vehicle is eligable. The basic requirement is the car must be less than 25 years old, be owned by you for more than a year, have less than 18 miles/gallon efficiency, and to be drivable. But this still leaves open a lot of room for questions for which Ford is offering answers on their “Let Ford Recycle Your Ride” website.
The website has a form for the characteristics of your car. Click the button and you’re told instantly whether your car is eligible. In my case even though my car is ineligible (it gets 28 miles/gallon) Ford is offering extra bonus trade-in value.
The Cash for Clunkers program incentivizes trade-in for a more fuel efficient car. Presumably the more efficient car is also more green. Their list of eligible cars you can buy in exchange includes several hybrids including the Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Milan Hybrid, and Mariner Hybrid.
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019
- Amid hydrogen outage in SF Bay Area, a hydrogen station in Oslo explodes - June 10, 2019
- Renault ties Zoe electric car price to pollution levels in Bucharest - June 8, 2019
- Tesla’s cars are the most patriotic car an American can buy - June 8, 2019
- Huge (1 GWh) energy storage project announced for Utah using compressed air in salt caverns - June 7, 2019
- Michael Rutter sets TT Zero lap record 121.91 miles/hr at Isle of Man - June 6, 2019
- Fuel Cell car owners stuck in SF Bay Area after hydrogen explosion shutters refueling infrastructure - June 4, 2019
- When DERs participate in wholesale electricity markets state and local authority is not trampled - May 30, 2019
- Bucharest gets 230mm Euros funding to purchase electric buses and streetcars - May 25, 2019
- Electrify America aims to simplify electric car charging - May 15, 2019