And, no, they don’t mean that old quip about Ford. Instead they mean to help you navigate the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) popularly known as Cash For Clunkers.
As noted before the Cash for Clunkers program is not exactly simple especially in determining whether your vehicle is eligable. The basic requirement is the car must be less than 25 years old, be owned by you for more than a year, have less than 18 miles/gallon efficiency, and to be drivable. But this still leaves open a lot of room for questions for which Ford is offering answers on their “Let Ford Recycle Your Ride” website.
The website has a form for the characteristics of your car. Click the button and you’re told instantly whether your car is eligible. In my case even though my car is ineligible (it gets 28 miles/gallon) Ford is offering extra bonus trade-in value.
The Cash for Clunkers program incentivizes trade-in for a more fuel efficient car. Presumably the more efficient car is also more green. Their list of eligible cars you can buy in exchange includes several hybrids including the Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Milan Hybrid, and Mariner Hybrid.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020