And, no, they don’t mean that old quip about Ford. Instead they mean to help you navigate the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) popularly known as Cash For Clunkers.
As noted before the Cash for Clunkers program is not exactly simple especially in determining whether your vehicle is eligable. The basic requirement is the car must be less than 25 years old, be owned by you for more than a year, have less than 18 miles/gallon efficiency, and to be drivable. But this still leaves open a lot of room for questions for which Ford is offering answers on their “Let Ford Recycle Your Ride” website.
The website has a form for the characteristics of your car. Click the button and you’re told instantly whether your car is eligible. In my case even though my car is ineligible (it gets 28 miles/gallon) Ford is offering extra bonus trade-in value.
The Cash for Clunkers program incentivizes trade-in for a more fuel efficient car. Presumably the more efficient car is also more green. Their list of eligible cars you can buy in exchange includes several hybrids including the Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Milan Hybrid, and Mariner Hybrid.
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019
- Amid hydrogen outage in SF Bay Area, a hydrogen station in Oslo explodes - June 10, 2019
- Renault ties Zoe electric car price to pollution levels in Bucharest - June 8, 2019