And, no, they don’t mean that old quip about Ford. Instead they mean to help you navigate the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) popularly known as Cash For Clunkers.
As noted before the Cash for Clunkers program is not exactly simple especially in determining whether your vehicle is eligable. The basic requirement is the car must be less than 25 years old, be owned by you for more than a year, have less than 18 miles/gallon efficiency, and to be drivable. But this still leaves open a lot of room for questions for which Ford is offering answers on their “Let Ford Recycle Your Ride” website.
The website has a form for the characteristics of your car. Click the button and you’re told instantly whether your car is eligible. In my case even though my car is ineligible (it gets 28 miles/gallon) Ford is offering extra bonus trade-in value.
The Cash for Clunkers program incentivizes trade-in for a more fuel efficient car. Presumably the more efficient car is also more green. Their list of eligible cars you can buy in exchange includes several hybrids including the Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Milan Hybrid, and Mariner Hybrid.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021