And, no, they don’t mean that old quip about Ford. Instead they mean to help you navigate the Car Allowance Rebate System (CARS) popularly known as Cash For Clunkers.
As noted before the Cash for Clunkers program is not exactly simple especially in determining whether your vehicle is eligable. The basic requirement is the car must be less than 25 years old, be owned by you for more than a year, have less than 18 miles/gallon efficiency, and to be drivable. But this still leaves open a lot of room for questions for which Ford is offering answers on their “Let Ford Recycle Your Ride” website.
The website has a form for the characteristics of your car. Click the button and you’re told instantly whether your car is eligible. In my case even though my car is ineligible (it gets 28 miles/gallon) Ford is offering extra bonus trade-in value.
The Cash for Clunkers program incentivizes trade-in for a more fuel efficient car. Presumably the more efficient car is also more green. Their list of eligible cars you can buy in exchange includes several hybrids including the Fusion Hybrid, Escape Hybrid, Milan Hybrid, and Mariner Hybrid.
- Electrify America aims to simplify electric car charging - May 15, 2019
- Telling your neighbors about your electric car helps them over the hump - May 12, 2019
- Illinois EV tax echos question of road funding when gas taxes shrink - May 10, 2019
- Biden/Ukraine story getting more heat and suspiciousness - May 2, 2019
- Explosion at APS energy storage unit injures firefighters, casts doubt on energy storage - April 23, 2019
- No, Tesla is not phasing out the J1772 adapter - April 17, 2019
- Near destruction of the Notre Dame contains lesson in thinking ahead - April 16, 2019
- Nepotism bites VP Joe Biden as he starts 2020 Presidential run - April 13, 2019
- Tesla almost kills $35k Model 3, launches lease program, still shows misleading pricing - April 13, 2019
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk giving flawed charging advice on Twitter - April 11, 2019