Following an explosion at the Air Products hydrogen processing facility in Santa Clara, hydrogen refueling stations across the SF Bay Area continue to be shut down. The explosion badly damaged, or destroyed, hydrogen production equipment and transportation trucks which served to carry hydrogen to refueling stations. Hydrogen refueling stations in the SF Bay Area have since shut down due to a lack of fuel. But, as I was writing this report news broke of another hydrogen refueling explosion, in Oslo Norway. In this case a public hydrogen refueling station exploded, and burned for a couple hours.
To remind – on June 1, 2019, the Air Products facility in Santa Clara exploded. Going by news reports several hydrogen transportation trucks were heavily damaged, and possibly some equipment at the site was damaged or destroyed.
The image leading this article shows the status of one of the SF Bay Area’s hydrogen refueling stations. That was captured on June 10, or 9 days after the explosion at the facility. Several other SF Bay Area hydrogen refueling stations show the same status. And, I’ve heard a rumor that some hydrogen stations in Southern California are also shut down as True Zero scrambles to get some hydrogen to stations in the SF Bay Area. Indeed the California Fuel Cell Partnership map does show closed stations in both the SF Bay Area and Southern California.
Here’s some detailed pictures I found on Twitter.
- Hydrogen stations in SF Bay Area still offline, 4 months after explosion - September 20, 2019
- Trump’s team possibly committing bad crimes over the Biden/Ukraine story - September 20, 2019
- Daimler to stop developing internal combustion engines - September 19, 2019
- The fight against Trump Administration plan to revoke California clean air standards - September 18, 2019
- A 2011 Leaf with a 60 kWh battery pack and 400 km driving range - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says Tesla is coming to Romania soon - September 9, 2019
- An inexpensive AI computer kit for understanding autonomous self-driving cars - September 3, 2019
- A practical reason behind Trump’s insane quest to buy Greenland? - August 30, 2019
- Digital redlining with scooter and car sharing services - August 30, 2019
- German EV Study: Fast Charging not required at home - August 28, 2019