Following an explosion at the Air Products hydrogen processing facility in Santa Clara, hydrogen refueling stations across the SF Bay Area continue to be shut down. The explosion badly damaged, or destroyed, hydrogen production equipment and transportation trucks which served to carry hydrogen to refueling stations. Hydrogen refueling stations in the SF Bay Area have since shut down due to a lack of fuel. But, as I was writing this report news broke of another hydrogen refueling explosion, in Oslo Norway. In this case a public hydrogen refueling station exploded, and burned for a couple hours.
To remind – on June 1, 2019, the Air Products facility in Santa Clara exploded. Going by news reports several hydrogen transportation trucks were heavily damaged, and possibly some equipment at the site was damaged or destroyed.
The image leading this article shows the status of one of the SF Bay Area’s hydrogen refueling stations. That was captured on June 10, or 9 days after the explosion at the facility. Several other SF Bay Area hydrogen refueling stations show the same status. And, I’ve heard a rumor that some hydrogen stations in Southern California are also shut down as True Zero scrambles to get some hydrogen to stations in the SF Bay Area. Indeed the California Fuel Cell Partnership map does show closed stations in both the SF Bay Area and Southern California.
Here’s some detailed pictures I found on Twitter.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021