The German press is reporting that a file (dossier) of research data in the Dieselgate (or what the Germans call Abgas-Affäre) investigation has been stolen from the prosecutors office. The Public Prosecutor is investigating this theft, which is disturbing even though it’s described as more of an annoyance because the file only contained public information. Also, Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler said in an employees meeting that part of Audi’s response to the Dieselgate scandal will be more focus on electric vehicles, echoing statements from VW’s top brass last week.
According to Donaukourier, workers in the prosecutors office believe they’d last seen the file on October 9, and the following Monday it was discovered to be missing.
According to Bild (the news site that broke this news), a dozen or so people were interviewed about the missing file. While the Government says the loss of this file isn’t terribly important, all the information it contained came from public sources, several sources are said to be disturbed and concerned simply that the file had been stolen at all.
Austrian news website, Futurezone, reports that Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler held a staff meeting of 7,000 employees at Ingolstadt to talk about plans to deal with Dieselgate. Because of the scandal, Audi will have to recall over 2 million vehicles. Part of Audi’s response will be to start delivery of an electric SUV in 2018 – the Audi e-tron quattro – and shortly thereafter bring another electric car to the market.
VW Group leadership has promised for years that by 2018 the group will take a leadership position in the electric vehicle industry. That can’t happen a moment too soon.
- Nissan delays 60 kiloWatt-hour Leaf, but moves forward with EV energy ecosystem plans - November 28, 2018
- Rivian unveils an all-electric pickup truck for the “adventure vehicle” market - November 27, 2018
- GM cancels Chevy Volt production while Tesla Model 3 sales go through the roof - November 26, 2018
- American climate refugees living in tents and cars after Paradise destroyed by fire - November 21, 2018
- Ghosn to be kicked out of Nissan, arrested for securities/compensation fraud - November 19, 2018
- California’s extreme wildfires this week are a Climate Change story - November 18, 2018
- Could some homes in Paradise CA have been saved with on-site energy storage systems? - November 17, 2018
- Paradise is destroyed while Pres. Trump lies about climate change and California - November 11, 2018
- Harley-Davidson promises big things in electric motorcycles, gives peak at 2020 LiveWire electric bike - November 6, 2018
- Expensive taxi rides brought us Uber/Lyft, but should we be driven by amateur drivers? - November 2, 2018