The German press is reporting that a file (dossier) of research data in the Dieselgate (or what the Germans call Abgas-Affäre) investigation has been stolen from the prosecutors office. The Public Prosecutor is investigating this theft, which is disturbing even though it’s described as more of an annoyance because the file only contained public information. Also, Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler said in an employees meeting that part of Audi’s response to the Dieselgate scandal will be more focus on electric vehicles, echoing statements from VW’s top brass last week.
According to Donaukourier, workers in the prosecutors office believe they’d last seen the file on October 9, and the following Monday it was discovered to be missing.
According to Bild (the news site that broke this news), a dozen or so people were interviewed about the missing file. While the Government says the loss of this file isn’t terribly important, all the information it contained came from public sources, several sources are said to be disturbed and concerned simply that the file had been stolen at all.
Austrian news website, Futurezone, reports that Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler held a staff meeting of 7,000 employees at Ingolstadt to talk about plans to deal with Dieselgate. Because of the scandal, Audi will have to recall over 2 million vehicles. Part of Audi’s response will be to start delivery of an electric SUV in 2018 – the Audi e-tron quattro – and shortly thereafter bring another electric car to the market.
VW Group leadership has promised for years that by 2018 the group will take a leadership position in the electric vehicle industry. That can’t happen a moment too soon.
- ABB challenges Tesla Supercharger network with 150 kiloWatt CHAdeMO/CCS DCFC charging station - October 4, 2017
- Dept of Energy moving forward with energy storage research projects, doubling down on renewable energy - September 18, 2017
- Nissan introduces 2018 Nissan Leaf, stressing autonomous driving over electric vehicle technology - September 5, 2017
- Jimmy Carter’s Crisis of Confidence speech was political disaster, but oh if we’d only stuck to his plan … - September 4, 2017
- Trump Administration fiddles in Washington while Houston drowns under extreme weather hurricane - August 28, 2017
- Is Tesla painting itself into a corner because Gigafactory only builds Lithium-ION cells? - August 14, 2017
- Uber, Lyft, reduce car ownership and car travel - August 11, 2017
- It’s Tesla Model 3 day, it’s not the second coming of Christ, but is it close? - July 30, 2017
- Calif. Gov. Jerry Brown signs climate change law extending cap-and-trade for 10 years - July 25, 2017
- Powerdown is a key, but little discussed, aspect to solving energy and climate problems - July 12, 2017