The German press is reporting that a file (dossier) of research data in the Dieselgate (or what the Germans call Abgas-Affäre) investigation has been stolen from the prosecutors office. The Public Prosecutor is investigating this theft, which is disturbing even though it’s described as more of an annoyance because the file only contained public information. Also, Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler said in an employees meeting that part of Audi’s response to the Dieselgate scandal will be more focus on electric vehicles, echoing statements from VW’s top brass last week.
According to Donaukourier, workers in the prosecutors office believe they’d last seen the file on October 9, and the following Monday it was discovered to be missing.
According to Bild (the news site that broke this news), a dozen or so people were interviewed about the missing file. While the Government says the loss of this file isn’t terribly important, all the information it contained came from public sources, several sources are said to be disturbed and concerned simply that the file had been stolen at all.
Austrian news website, Futurezone, reports that Audi Chairman Rupert Stadler held a staff meeting of 7,000 employees at Ingolstadt to talk about plans to deal with Dieselgate. Because of the scandal, Audi will have to recall over 2 million vehicles. Part of Audi’s response will be to start delivery of an electric SUV in 2018 – the Audi e-tron quattro – and shortly thereafter bring another electric car to the market.
VW Group leadership has promised for years that by 2018 the group will take a leadership position in the electric vehicle industry. That can’t happen a moment too soon.
- Trump Administration moves to cancel clean car standards, undoing Obama’s CAFE win - August 2, 2018
- Rich Rebuilds and Tesla’s opinion on the Right to Repair - August 2, 2018
- Scott Pruitt resigns as EPA Administrator, proving someone can be too corrupt for Trump - July 5, 2018
- Tesla Model 3 and Zero SR drivers beat REFUEL lap time records in 10th annual REFUEL race - July 4, 2018
- Tesla’s new risk from Trump Administration trade war with China and other countries - June 27, 2018
- Volkswagen I.D. R smashes overall record at Pikes Peak International Hill Climb - June 24, 2018
- Tesla closing a dozen or more former Solar City installation centers in layoffs - June 22, 2018
- Uber test driver in self-driving car in fatality accident was streaming Hulu - June 22, 2018
- Misplaced trust in driver assist (Tesla Autopilot) systems can cause huge problems - June 19, 2018
- Tesla layoffs seen by The Market as a big non-issue - June 19, 2018