Brutus Motorcycles is sponsoring Jeremiah Johnson to race their electric motorcycle on Pikes Peak this year. I covered the information a month or so ago. They just posted some pictures of the race bike with the graphics, as well as the race trailer and some other things.
From the looks of this, Jeremiah should take a finishing position a fair bit higher than he did last year, riding a Zero S.
This looks like a real serious race bike. Hmm.. I wonder if it has enough power on board for a 38.4 mile race around a certain island?
One quibble I have is that in the background of one picture you see a large 18 kilowatt portable generator. They’ll have that on hand for fast charging the bike. Notice the Manzanita Micro logo on the side – Gene Seymour’s former employer – that gives you a clue which charger they’ll use. In any case, charging the bike off a generator somewhat negates all the goodwill that comes from this being an electric race bike. Okay, not everyone see’s the need to take the extra step to build a solar panel array onto the race trailer, and incorporate a large energy storage unit into the trailer. Pragmatism can say it’s easier to just go with the genset and…
Oh, I’m just digging myself a deep hole aren’t I? Guys.. we’re all friends here, and I am just saying it would be that much better to take the next step and carry solar panels. Please?
A cool looking bike like this deserves to be a great testament to sustainability and clean energy.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020