In 2013 the OSU Buckeye Current team made their first trip to compete in the TT ZERO, and took third place overall. The team’s website currently says they are building a new bike, the RW-2, and are looking to ride their momentum and again take a podium spot.
Mum is the word regarding specifics about the bike, at least on their website. Their Facebook page has been busy showing some incremental progress towards building it.
They’re building some interesting looking custom parts, such as an electronics enclosure and this motor mount:
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021