Overnight Terry Hershner and Bun Bun ran into a couple delays – an accident on I-10 that blocked the road for a few hours, and then strong headwinds that increased energy usage. Even with that improved aerodynamic fairing, riding directly into a headwind still takes up a lot of energy. They ended up prematurely draining the pack and having to charge on a 120 volt outlet. They eventually made it to a GOE3 charging station from which they could draw 12 kilowatts – closer to their normal charging rate.
The last report I see on his Facebook page came 5 hours ago saying that a “drunk driver” had blocked the road for a few hours. I assume that means a major traffic accident caused by a drunk driver ..etc.. and if we looked at news reports around Tuscon today it’s probably full of gorey stories from the highway.
Because their last report was 5 hrs ago, one hopes that Bun Bun talked Terry into taking a nap …
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020