Overnight Terry Hershner and Bun Bun ran into a couple delays – an accident on I-10 that blocked the road for a few hours, and then strong headwinds that increased energy usage. Even with that improved aerodynamic fairing, riding directly into a headwind still takes up a lot of energy. They ended up prematurely draining the pack and having to charge on a 120 volt outlet. They eventually made it to a GOE3 charging station from which they could draw 12 kilowatts – closer to their normal charging rate.
The last report I see on his Facebook page came 5 hours ago saying that a “drunk driver” had blocked the road for a few hours. I assume that means a major traffic accident caused by a drunk driver ..etc.. and if we looked at news reports around Tuscon today it’s probably full of gorey stories from the highway.
Because their last report was 5 hrs ago, one hopes that Bun Bun talked Terry into taking a nap …
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021