|Shane Turpin, Empulse RR, Laguna Seca, 2013 eRoadRacing|
The gauntlet is thrown – let’s see if Formula E will pick it up. Brammo, the electric motorcycle company whose electric race bike, the Empulse RR, is among the top tier of electric superbikes, posted this on Facebook this morning: Spark-Renault SRT_01E VS Empulse RR… Who would win in a race? (see the embedded post below)
They include a link here:- http://www.fiaformulae.com/guide/specification
And: An 800kg car with 200kW (270 bhp) or a 200kg bike with 130kW (170 rwhp)?
|Formula E’s SRT_01E|
Unfortunately, Brammo doesn’t post a spec sheet on the Empulse RR page – though, even if they did, they’re constantly working with suppliers like Parker-Hannifin to improve things. What it means is that our ability to engage in the “my ___ is faster than your ____” game is limited because we can’t compare specs.
The main thing we’ll notice is that the SRT_01E has a more powerful drive train, but the Empulse RR is both lighter and as a motorcycle would be able to outmaneuver the car quite easily. Especially with a top rider on-board like Shane Turpin or Eric Bostrom.
By the way, an interesting factoid … Of that 800kg weight, 200kg is the battery pack. That’s the weight of the entire Empulse RR. The SRT_01E has a top speed of 225 km/hr or about 140 miles/hr. The 2012 Empulse RR did 170 miles/hr at Daytona last year. At Laguna Seca the 2013 Empulse RR was doing 140+ miles/hr in some sections of the track. Because Laguna Seca is a very twisty track, the speeds are limited, where Daytona is built for ultra high speed with long straights and banking.
In other words, the Empulse RR has more raw speed than the SRT_01E on a smaller lighter frame and smaller battery pack.
- The fight against Trump Administration plan to revoke California clean air standards - September 18, 2019
- A 2011 Leaf with a 60 kWh battery pack and 400 km driving range - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says Tesla is coming to Romania soon - September 9, 2019
- An inexpensive AI computer kit for understanding autonomous self-driving cars - September 3, 2019
- A practical reason behind Trump’s insane quest to buy Greenland? - August 30, 2019
- Digital redlining with scooter and car sharing services - August 30, 2019
- German EV Study: Fast Charging not required at home - August 28, 2019
- Cluj-Napoca Romania starting shift to electric taxi’s - August 26, 2019
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019