On Saturday, Formula E welcomed the selection of Beijing as a host city for the inaugural 2014 season of the electric car race series. Formula E is an electric race car series using Formula 1 style race cars, with electric drive trains, racing on city streets. The race route for Beijing has not been finalized, but they intend for it to be routed around major landmarks.
|Artists rendition of Formula E racing in Beijing|
In an earlier version of this post I described Beijing as having been chosen as the 10th host city. I misremembered that Beijing was one of the 8 cities initially announced. That means the 10th host city is still up in the air.
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021