On Saturday, Formula E welcomed the selection of Beijing as a host city for the inaugural 2014 season of the electric car race series. Formula E is an electric race car series using Formula 1 style race cars, with electric drive trains, racing on city streets. The race route for Beijing has not been finalized, but they intend for it to be routed around major landmarks.
|Artists rendition of Formula E racing in Beijing|
In an earlier version of this post I described Beijing as having been chosen as the 10th host city. I misremembered that Beijing was one of the 8 cities initially announced. That means the 10th host city is still up in the air.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020