On Saturday, Formula E welcomed the selection of Beijing as a host city for the inaugural 2014 season of the electric car race series. Formula E is an electric race car series using Formula 1 style race cars, with electric drive trains, racing on city streets. The race route for Beijing has not been finalized, but they intend for it to be routed around major landmarks.
|Artists rendition of Formula E racing in Beijing|
In an earlier version of this post I described Beijing as having been chosen as the 10th host city. I misremembered that Beijing was one of the 8 cities initially announced. That means the 10th host city is still up in the air.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021