Tesla Motors just posted on their facebook page that they’d taken a Model S to the Circuit of the America’s. MotoGP is going to be there next weekend (and… uh… if the TTXGP/e-Power merger had happened more quickly, the eRoadRacing race would have been happening that same weekend).
They took 6 laps around the track – and don’t say anything about the characteristics of that lap but did leave this picture for us.
This isn’t, of course, the first time Model S’s have run on a race track. A whole fleet of them came to the 2012 REFUEL race at Laguna Seca.
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021