This years Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is shaping up to be a major feast of electric racing, and it’s just gotten better with a second AMA Pro racer signing up to ride an electric production bike up the mountain. As we had noticed earlier, Hollywood Electrics is organizing a large team of electric Zero’s to race the 2013 Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
Ted Rich, the owner of SBK Training, is no stranger to electric motorcycles or electric racing. He’s been a development rider for Lightning Motorcycles, and had competed with the team in the 2011 TTXGP North America Championship at Miller Motorsports Park. Additionally he rode a Zero S at the 2012 TTXGP/e-Power at Laguna Seca.
The other AMA Pro racer in the group organized by Hollywood Electrics is Jeremiah Johnson. He will be riding a Zero S he personally owns, but with modifications by Hollywood Electrics.
What Hollywood Electrics is doing is supporting, in collaboration with Zero Motorcycles, a group of riders on production electric motorcycles manufactured by Zero. It is the first year the PPIHC has had a class for production electric motorcycles, and it expands the number of electric vehicles in the PPIHC over previous years.
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021