This years Pikes Peak International Hill Climb is shaping up to be a major feast of electric racing, and it’s just gotten better with a second AMA Pro racer signing up to ride an electric production bike up the mountain. As we had noticed earlier, Hollywood Electrics is organizing a large team of electric Zero’s to race the 2013 Pikes Peak Hill Climb.
Ted Rich, the owner of SBK Training, is no stranger to electric motorcycles or electric racing. He’s been a development rider for Lightning Motorcycles, and had competed with the team in the 2011 TTXGP North America Championship at Miller Motorsports Park. Additionally he rode a Zero S at the 2012 TTXGP/e-Power at Laguna Seca.
The other AMA Pro racer in the group organized by Hollywood Electrics is Jeremiah Johnson. He will be riding a Zero S he personally owns, but with modifications by Hollywood Electrics.
What Hollywood Electrics is doing is supporting, in collaboration with Zero Motorcycles, a group of riders on production electric motorcycles manufactured by Zero. It is the first year the PPIHC has had a class for production electric motorcycles, and it expands the number of electric vehicles in the PPIHC over previous years.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020