The 2013 eRoadRacing World Cup calendar that’s been published so far is incomplete, with the organizers claiming they’re working on confirming at least one more date in both Europe and North America. As it stands the published calendar shows 3 events on both continents, but I’d been told of a fourth event in North America that’s not on the published calendar. Brammo just published an event calendar that contains the fourth North America event I’d been told – so I feel safe to go ahead and discuss the calendar I’d been told.
Brammo’s calendar shows these events:-
- 05/04/2013 – 05/05/2013 – AFM Race – Infineon Infineon Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA with AFM
- 06/01/2013 – 06/02/2013 – AFM Race – Thunderhill Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA with AFM
- 07/19/2013 – 07/21/2013 – Red Bull US Grand Prix – TTXGP North America Championship 2013 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 08/16/2013 – 08/18/2013 – Red Bull Indianapolis GP – TTXGP North America Championship 2013 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- 09/01/2013 – 09/01/2013 – Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT – Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT
- 09/27/2013 – 09/29/2013 – FIM Superbike World Championship – FIM Superbike World Championship at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
What Brammo has done is to merge events from the AFM series with those of the eRoadRacing series, while neglecting to have the calendar read eRoadRacing rather than TTXGP.
The AFM has announced they are allowing Brammo to race electric bikes against gas bikes, plus are allowing other electric bike owners to arrange to do the same. Two of the listed dates are AFM dates.
The remaining dates listed are the eRoadRacing series. What was announced by the eRoadRacing organizers are the first three of the dates shown, and the official calendar ends with the Miller Motorsports events. The fourth event, FIM Superbike at Laguna Seca, is not on the official calendar.
However what Azhar Hussain had explained to me as the constraints is that eRoadRacing, as a FIM racing series, had to be held at tracks which are homologated by the FIM. There are very few such tracks in the U.S. giving eRoadRacing a limited set of events/tracks to appear at. Given the late start of the U.S. eRoadRacing season, the only way it would work out was to hold the fourth eRoadRacing event at the FIM Superbike event.
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019