The 2013 eRoadRacing World Cup calendar that’s been published so far is incomplete, with the organizers claiming they’re working on confirming at least one more date in both Europe and North America. As it stands the published calendar shows 3 events on both continents, but I’d been told of a fourth event in North America that’s not on the published calendar. Brammo just published an event calendar that contains the fourth North America event I’d been told – so I feel safe to go ahead and discuss the calendar I’d been told.
Brammo’s calendar shows these events:-
- 05/04/2013 – 05/05/2013 – AFM Race – Infineon Infineon Sonoma Raceway, Sonoma, CA with AFM
- 06/01/2013 – 06/02/2013 – AFM Race – Thunderhill Thunderhill Raceway, Willows, CA with AFM
- 07/19/2013 – 07/21/2013 – Red Bull US Grand Prix – TTXGP North America Championship 2013 at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
- 08/16/2013 – 08/18/2013 – Red Bull Indianapolis GP – TTXGP North America Championship 2013 at Indianapolis Motor Speedway
- 09/01/2013 – 09/01/2013 – Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT – Miller Motorsports Park, Tooele, UT
- 09/27/2013 – 09/29/2013 – FIM Superbike World Championship – FIM Superbike World Championship at Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca
What Brammo has done is to merge events from the AFM series with those of the eRoadRacing series, while neglecting to have the calendar read eRoadRacing rather than TTXGP.
The AFM has announced they are allowing Brammo to race electric bikes against gas bikes, plus are allowing other electric bike owners to arrange to do the same. Two of the listed dates are AFM dates.
The remaining dates listed are the eRoadRacing series. What was announced by the eRoadRacing organizers are the first three of the dates shown, and the official calendar ends with the Miller Motorsports events. The fourth event, FIM Superbike at Laguna Seca, is not on the official calendar.
However what Azhar Hussain had explained to me as the constraints is that eRoadRacing, as a FIM racing series, had to be held at tracks which are homologated by the FIM. There are very few such tracks in the U.S. giving eRoadRacing a limited set of events/tracks to appear at. Given the late start of the U.S. eRoadRacing season, the only way it would work out was to hold the fourth eRoadRacing event at the FIM Superbike event.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021