That wiley Elon Musk and his obtuse tweets have caused a stir of attention today. The tweet said there’d be a big announcement on Thursday (now apparently changed until next Tuesday) in which Elon would be putting his money where his mouth is. And I don’t think he’s talking about stuffing his mouth full of $100 bills.
A little later he added this:
The tweet immediately caused the TSLA stock price to jump, and a bunch of news articles were written trying to guess what the announcement would be. My own attempt at Elon Musk Kremlinology came to these possibilities:-
- Taking Tesla Private (unlikely)
- Doing another round of fundraising, to pay off the Dept of Energy loans immediately (unlikely)
- More expansion of the Supercharger network (likely)
- Tesla Motors actually was profitable in Q1 2013 as predicted (unlikely)
- Clarifying the “500 deliveries a week” announcement made last week (unlikely)
- Buying Fisker Automotive (unlikely)
Okay, put me down for an expansion of the Supercharger network.
But while we’re here peeking at Musks’ tweets there are a few others he’s made over the last month or so that are worthy of our attention.
This one is interesting because of a later tweet sent to Elon Musk
Which was answered this way:
But he did not answer queries of this sort:-
Another query was about the plan to build a lower priced electric car:-
Tesla’s code name for this is Bluestar and was originally scheduled for 2015, but that is no doubt delayed. What Elon answered is this:-
The 3-4 year time frame is about 2017ish, then. Note that the Model X introduction has been delayed for a year (see Tesla SEC filing reveals Model X electric SUV production delayed until 2014).
A later question, following up that answer, asked:-
To which Elon replied:-
- Highway design could decrease death and injury risk, if “we” chose smarter designs - March 28, 2015
- GM really did trademark “range anxiety”, only later to abandon that mark - March 25, 2015
- US Government releases new regulations on hydraulic fracturing, that some call “toothless” - March 20, 2015
- Tesla Motors magic pill to solve range anxiety doesn’t quite instill range confidence - March 19, 2015
- Update on Galena IL oil train – 21 cars involved, which were the supposedly safer CP1232 design - March 7, 2015
- Another oil bomb train – why are they shipping crude oil by train? – Symptoms of fossil fuel addiction - March 6, 2015
- Chevron relinquishes fracking in Romania, as part of broader pull-out from Eastern European fracking operations - February 22, 2015
- Answer anti- electric car articles with truth and pride – truth outshines all distortions - February 19, 2015
- Apple taking big risk on developing a car? Please, Apple, don’t go there! - February 16, 2015
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda working on Japanese fuel cell infrastructure for Japanese government - February 12, 2015