Maryland 2013 HB 1149 – Vehicle Laws – Stopping, Standing, and Parking – Plug-In Vehicles
For the purpose of prohibiting a person from stopping, standing or parking a vehicle that is not a plug-in vehicle in a space that is marked for the use of plug–in vehicles and provides access to a plug–in vehicle recharging station; defining a certain term; and generally relating to a prohibition against stopping, standing, or parking nonplug – in vehicles in certain spaces.
The law only prohibits non-plug-in vehicles from parking at a EV charging station. It does not require the plug-in vehicle to be plugged-in to the EV charging station.
It unfortunately is stuck after having received an unfavorable report by Environmental Matters.
According to legislative analysis report, an identical law was considered in 2011-12 (SB240 HB108) and a December 2012 report on the prior bill recommended the bill be deferred “until local governments and/or market forces have had more opportunity to address the nuances.”
These issues included the amount of time that an electric vehicle should be allowed to be plugged – in to a charger and whether the amount of time should vary for parking spaces located on different types of properties. The report did recognize the difficulty posed by the fact that up to 46% of Maryland residents do not have private access to an electrical outlet for charging an electric vehicle. To address this, the report envisions establishing a pilot project that could include working with county and municipal governments to identify off ‐ street outdoor parking locations for local resident electric vehicle charging.
- Highway design could decrease death and injury risk, if “we” chose smarter designs - March 28, 2015
- GM really did trademark “range anxiety”, only later to abandon that mark - March 25, 2015
- US Government releases new regulations on hydraulic fracturing, that some call “toothless” - March 20, 2015
- Tesla Motors magic pill to solve range anxiety doesn’t quite instill range confidence - March 19, 2015
- Update on Galena IL oil train – 21 cars involved, which were the supposedly safer CP1232 design - March 7, 2015
- Another oil bomb train – why are they shipping crude oil by train? – Symptoms of fossil fuel addiction - March 6, 2015
- Chevron relinquishes fracking in Romania, as part of broader pull-out from Eastern European fracking operations - February 22, 2015
- Answer anti- electric car articles with truth and pride – truth outshines all distortions - February 19, 2015
- Apple taking big risk on developing a car? Please, Apple, don’t go there! - February 16, 2015
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda working on Japanese fuel cell infrastructure for Japanese government - February 12, 2015