According to a news release from the Isle of Man TT, the TT ZERO race will have an additional qualifying/practice round. In November 2012 they released information for the 2013 TT Race Programme, saying that it would be largely unchanged from the 2012 program. One major change will be the additional qualifying lap for the TT ZERO, which is an improvement over past TT ZERO’s but does not bring parity between the number of practice laps for TT ZERO bikes versus gas powered bikes.
The TT Zero race qualification laps will be on May 31, June 1 and June 3.
Isle of Man Government, Department of Economic Development Head of Motorsport Trevor Hussey said: “We’ve had a great reaction to the Lightweight race in the first year both from entrants and the fans and we’re expecting further growth in that class in 2013. We also wanted to find space in the schedule to include an additional qualifying lap for the TT Zero race, to assist those teams in their ongoing and rapid machine development. We again expect to have oversubscribed fields in most of the classes, all the major teams from 2012 are set to return and we can again look forward to another edition of the most exciting road race on the calendar.”
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021