According to a news release from the Isle of Man TT, the TT ZERO race will have an additional qualifying/practice round. In November 2012 they released information for the 2013 TT Race Programme, saying that it would be largely unchanged from the 2012 program. One major change will be the additional qualifying lap for the TT ZERO, which is an improvement over past TT ZERO’s but does not bring parity between the number of practice laps for TT ZERO bikes versus gas powered bikes.
The TT Zero race qualification laps will be on May 31, June 1 and June 3.
Isle of Man Government, Department of Economic Development Head of Motorsport Trevor Hussey said: “We’ve had a great reaction to the Lightweight race in the first year both from entrants and the fans and we’re expecting further growth in that class in 2013. We also wanted to find space in the schedule to include an additional qualifying lap for the TT Zero race, to assist those teams in their ongoing and rapid machine development. We again expect to have oversubscribed fields in most of the classes, all the major teams from 2012 are set to return and we can again look forward to another edition of the most exciting road race on the calendar.”
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020
- Pandemics, like Coronavirus, and our RoboTaxi-driven autonomous future - February 28, 2020
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020