According to a news release from the Isle of Man TT, the TT ZERO race will have an additional qualifying/practice round. In November 2012 they released information for the 2013 TT Race Programme, saying that it would be largely unchanged from the 2012 program. One major change will be the additional qualifying lap for the TT ZERO, which is an improvement over past TT ZERO’s but does not bring parity between the number of practice laps for TT ZERO bikes versus gas powered bikes.
The TT Zero race qualification laps will be on May 31, June 1 and June 3.
Isle of Man Government, Department of Economic Development Head of Motorsport Trevor Hussey said: “We’ve had a great reaction to the Lightweight race in the first year both from entrants and the fans and we’re expecting further growth in that class in 2013. We also wanted to find space in the schedule to include an additional qualifying lap for the TT Zero race, to assist those teams in their ongoing and rapid machine development. We again expect to have oversubscribed fields in most of the classes, all the major teams from 2012 are set to return and we can again look forward to another edition of the most exciting road race on the calendar.”
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021