According to a news release from the Isle of Man TT, the TT ZERO race will have an additional qualifying/practice round. In November 2012 they released information for the 2013 TT Race Programme, saying that it would be largely unchanged from the 2012 program. One major change will be the additional qualifying lap for the TT ZERO, which is an improvement over past TT ZERO’s but does not bring parity between the number of practice laps for TT ZERO bikes versus gas powered bikes.
The TT Zero race qualification laps will be on May 31, June 1 and June 3.
Isle of Man Government, Department of Economic Development Head of Motorsport Trevor Hussey said: “We’ve had a great reaction to the Lightweight race in the first year both from entrants and the fans and we’re expecting further growth in that class in 2013. We also wanted to find space in the schedule to include an additional qualifying lap for the TT Zero race, to assist those teams in their ongoing and rapid machine development. We again expect to have oversubscribed fields in most of the classes, all the major teams from 2012 are set to return and we can again look forward to another edition of the most exciting road race on the calendar.”
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019
- eVgo offers CHAdeMO fast charging to Tesla owners – UPDATE - December 20, 2019
- Trump intervenes to kill EV tax break extension for Tesla and GM - December 17, 2019
- 2012 is calling wanting its all-electric Mini Cooper SE - December 17, 2019
- eVgo offering fast charging to Tesla’s on non-Tesla charging station - December 15, 2019
- DHL bringing electric delivery vehicle pilot project to USA - December 12, 2019
- Mayor Pete’s work at McKinsey included major study on energy efficiency and climate change - December 11, 2019