Carrying a solar panel to recharge portable electronics devices is compelling, because it offers things like unlimited talk time or the ability to go hiking far from cities while still powering your gizmos. What if you cannot find a solar panel charging unit that fits your exact needs? Thanks to the fine folks at Voltaic you won’t be stuck, because they offer DIY kits for building solar charging units the way you want it.
Voltaic is famous for a line of backpacks with built-in solar panels. Their DIY solar charging kits use the same components, which you can buy individually and connect together in the way you want, or embed the components into the object of your choosing.
An example shown on the Voltaic website is a Kayak with a solar panel strapped to the top deck.
The company offers kits supplying 6 volts, 12 volts or 18 volts, in power ranges from 2 watts to 16 watts. Additional components are portable battery packs, and a wide selection of adapter cables for nearly any conceivable use. Their adapter cables includes one to plug into Mac MagSafe power sockets.
Selecting the components you desire is as simple as choosing the specific size of solar panel, any portable battery pack, or cables for your needs. The most difficult part is to know what size of solar panel is required for the task you have in mind. However, the site is full of guidance to help you choose the correct panel.
- CharIN alliance meets on Tesla’s doorstep, presents CCS as the best DC Fast Charging system for electric cars - March 20, 2018
- US Govt warns Russia attacking US energy sector, renewable industry responds with cybersecurity working group - March 16, 2018
- Tesla Motors versus the other Car Makers and the future of the Car industry - February 25, 2018
- Tesla delays deliveries angering large number of fans, destroying credibility? - February 9, 2018
- Tesla Motors running at a loss for another quarter doesn’t mean Tesla’s imminent collapse into bankruptcy - February 7, 2018
- Electrify America and Greenlots to build massive country-wide electric car charging network - January 24, 2018
- Tesla puts golden handcuffs on Elon Musk for at least 10 years of leadership - January 23, 2018
- First non-Tesla “supercharger” providing DC fast charging for Tesla electric cars without adapter - January 22, 2018
- Toyota avoids seeming conflict of interest by helping the EPA streamline management practices - January 17, 2018
- Tesla Motors delivers hardcore smackdown on trucking and supercar industries with Semi and Roadster 2 - November 16, 2017