Carrying a solar panel to recharge portable electronics devices is compelling, because it offers things like unlimited talk time or the ability to go hiking far from cities while still powering your gizmos. What if you cannot find a solar panel charging unit that fits your exact needs? Thanks to the fine folks at Voltaic you won’t be stuck, because they offer DIY kits for building solar charging units the way you want it.
Voltaic is famous for a line of backpacks with built-in solar panels. Their DIY solar charging kits use the same components, which you can buy individually and connect together in the way you want, or embed the components into the object of your choosing.
An example shown on the Voltaic website is a Kayak with a solar panel strapped to the top deck.
The company offers kits supplying 6 volts, 12 volts or 18 volts, in power ranges from 2 watts to 16 watts. Additional components are portable battery packs, and a wide selection of adapter cables for nearly any conceivable use. Their adapter cables includes one to plug into Mac MagSafe power sockets.
Selecting the components you desire is as simple as choosing the specific size of solar panel, any portable battery pack, or cables for your needs. The most difficult part is to know what size of solar panel is required for the task you have in mind. However, the site is full of guidance to help you choose the correct panel.
- Nissan delays 60 kiloWatt-hour Leaf, but moves forward with EV energy ecosystem plans - November 28, 2018
- Rivian unveils an all-electric pickup truck for the “adventure vehicle” market - November 27, 2018
- GM cancels Chevy Volt production while Tesla Model 3 sales go through the roof - November 26, 2018
- American climate refugees living in tents and cars after Paradise destroyed by fire - November 21, 2018
- Ghosn to be kicked out of Nissan, arrested for securities/compensation fraud - November 19, 2018
- California’s extreme wildfires this week are a Climate Change story - November 18, 2018
- Could some homes in Paradise CA have been saved with on-site energy storage systems? - November 17, 2018
- Paradise is destroyed while Pres. Trump lies about climate change and California - November 11, 2018
- Harley-Davidson promises big things in electric motorcycles, gives peak at 2020 LiveWire electric bike - November 6, 2018
- Expensive taxi rides brought us Uber/Lyft, but should we be driven by amateur drivers? - November 2, 2018