Carrying a solar panel to recharge portable electronics devices is compelling, because it offers things like unlimited talk time or the ability to go hiking far from cities while still powering your gizmos. What if you cannot find a solar panel charging unit that fits your exact needs? Thanks to the fine folks at Voltaic you won’t be stuck, because they offer DIY kits for building solar charging units the way you want it.
Voltaic is famous for a line of backpacks with built-in solar panels. Their DIY solar charging kits use the same components, which you can buy individually and connect together in the way you want, or embed the components into the object of your choosing.
An example shown on the Voltaic website is a Kayak with a solar panel strapped to the top deck.
The company offers kits supplying 6 volts, 12 volts or 18 volts, in power ranges from 2 watts to 16 watts. Additional components are portable battery packs, and a wide selection of adapter cables for nearly any conceivable use. Their adapter cables includes one to plug into Mac MagSafe power sockets.
Selecting the components you desire is as simple as choosing the specific size of solar panel, any portable battery pack, or cables for your needs. The most difficult part is to know what size of solar panel is required for the task you have in mind. However, the site is full of guidance to help you choose the correct panel.
- Paradise is destroyed while Pres. Trump lies about climate change and California - November 11, 2018
- Harley-Davidson promises big things in electric motorcycles, gives peak at 2020 LiveWire electric bike - November 6, 2018
- Expensive taxi rides brought us Uber/Lyft, but should we be driven by amateur drivers? - November 2, 2018
- First “fast charge hub” for electric cars in Eastern Europe opens in Bucharest - October 26, 2018
- Romania Electric car sales grew 165% from 2017 to 2018 – state of EV adoption in Romania - October 23, 2018
- Google moving in on Plugshare’s turf, adds EV charging station data to Google Maps - October 17, 2018
- Cameron Rogers retakes Laguna Seca electric car laptime record with Tesla Model 3 Performance - September 16, 2018
- Tesla no longer a boutique car maker, is outselling major manufacturers like Porsche - September 13, 2018
- What electric car would I buy today, on the occasion of canceling a Tesla Model 3 order - September 11, 2018
- Lucid Motors definitively smashes Laguna Seca lap speed record with production-intent car - September 6, 2018