In the TTX75 award group, Virginia Tech was the winner. Ely Schless of Protomoto was on track to be the winner of this award, but his battery pooped out on the last lap and he did not finish the race. See Virginia Tech Bolt upgrading for next season!
In the eSuperStock award group, Kenyon Kluge won. This group started to have only two riders, but Jeremiah Johnson joined this group when he wasn’t able to get his own bike running. Kenyon races under the name K Squared Racing, and is a Zero Motorcycles employee, and was instrumental in creating this award group. Kluge wins the eSuperstock Award at Laguna Seca
The racers in the eSuperStock award group have been characterized by very close racing. In the three events so far, these bikes have been running very close together and we have seen good racing action between these riders. The bikes in this group are all Zero S’s primarily because they defined eSuperStock so that only the Zero S (and DS) can qualify. The S’s aren’t the best bike to base a racing series on, because the top speed is 88 miles per hour, but because the bikes are identical the results in this group depend more rider skill than anything else. In the rest of electric motorcycle racing it is the design of each specific bike which does more to determine the overall winner.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021