In the TTX75 award group, Virginia Tech was the winner. Ely Schless of Protomoto was on track to be the winner of this award, but his battery pooped out on the last lap and he did not finish the race. See Virginia Tech Bolt upgrading for next season!
In the eSuperStock award group, Kenyon Kluge won. This group started to have only two riders, but Jeremiah Johnson joined this group when he wasn’t able to get his own bike running. Kenyon races under the name K Squared Racing, and is a Zero Motorcycles employee, and was instrumental in creating this award group. Kluge wins the eSuperstock Award at Laguna Seca
The racers in the eSuperStock award group have been characterized by very close racing. In the three events so far, these bikes have been running very close together and we have seen good racing action between these riders. The bikes in this group are all Zero S’s primarily because they defined eSuperStock so that only the Zero S (and DS) can qualify. The S’s aren’t the best bike to base a racing series on, because the top speed is 88 miles per hour, but because the bikes are identical the results in this group depend more rider skill than anything else. In the rest of electric motorcycle racing it is the design of each specific bike which does more to determine the overall winner.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021