First – they’ll be attending the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event at the Mid-Ohio Raceway on the weekend of July 24. In 2009 the TTXGP made its first North America appearance at that same event, and the early version of Moto Electra showed up to race, but in 2010 and 2011 they were instead at the TTXGP/e-Power event at Laguna Seca.
The Vintage Motorcycle Days is a fun event, focusing on, of course, Vintage motorcycles and racing with Vintage motorcycles. It features a huge swap meet of vendors selling parts and bikes. Additionally, Craig Vetter has gone for several years to show his efforts at full fairing design. What I’m trying to do is make it sound appealing to go, to perhaps see Moto Electra, perhaps see Craig Vetter, perhaps see a bunch of vintage motorcycles, etc.
Second – they’ll be at the Cycle World Rolling Concours at the Indianapolis Speedway, Saturday August 18, 2012. I don’t know anything about this event, and details are probably on the Cycle World website.
Lastly – Brian Richardson has posted a series of Facebook videos that shows he’s integrated an iPad on the Moto Electra bike, to add some custom control panels. One thing this can do is synthesize any kind of motorcycle sound you like, and it’s connected with the throttle such that as you twist the throttle the chosen roar is emitted from loud speakers.
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA to increase domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America on route to USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021