First – they’ll be attending the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event at the Mid-Ohio Raceway on the weekend of July 24. In 2009 the TTXGP made its first North America appearance at that same event, and the early version of Moto Electra showed up to race, but in 2010 and 2011 they were instead at the TTXGP/e-Power event at Laguna Seca.
The Vintage Motorcycle Days is a fun event, focusing on, of course, Vintage motorcycles and racing with Vintage motorcycles. It features a huge swap meet of vendors selling parts and bikes. Additionally, Craig Vetter has gone for several years to show his efforts at full fairing design. What I’m trying to do is make it sound appealing to go, to perhaps see Moto Electra, perhaps see Craig Vetter, perhaps see a bunch of vintage motorcycles, etc.
Second – they’ll be at the Cycle World Rolling Concours at the Indianapolis Speedway, Saturday August 18, 2012. I don’t know anything about this event, and details are probably on the Cycle World website.
Lastly – Brian Richardson has posted a series of Facebook videos that shows he’s integrated an iPad on the Moto Electra bike, to add some custom control panels. One thing this can do is synthesize any kind of motorcycle sound you like, and it’s connected with the throttle such that as you twist the throttle the chosen roar is emitted from loud speakers.
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020
- Pandemics, like Coronavirus, and our RoboTaxi-driven autonomous future - February 28, 2020
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019