First – they’ll be attending the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event at the Mid-Ohio Raceway on the weekend of July 24. In 2009 the TTXGP made its first North America appearance at that same event, and the early version of Moto Electra showed up to race, but in 2010 and 2011 they were instead at the TTXGP/e-Power event at Laguna Seca.
The Vintage Motorcycle Days is a fun event, focusing on, of course, Vintage motorcycles and racing with Vintage motorcycles. It features a huge swap meet of vendors selling parts and bikes. Additionally, Craig Vetter has gone for several years to show his efforts at full fairing design. What I’m trying to do is make it sound appealing to go, to perhaps see Moto Electra, perhaps see Craig Vetter, perhaps see a bunch of vintage motorcycles, etc.
Second – they’ll be at the Cycle World Rolling Concours at the Indianapolis Speedway, Saturday August 18, 2012. I don’t know anything about this event, and details are probably on the Cycle World website.
Lastly – Brian Richardson has posted a series of Facebook videos that shows he’s integrated an iPad on the Moto Electra bike, to add some custom control panels. One thing this can do is synthesize any kind of motorcycle sound you like, and it’s connected with the throttle such that as you twist the throttle the chosen roar is emitted from loud speakers.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019