Electric Vehicle West (EV West) is an electric vehicle conversion shop in San Diego which has built a drag car or three. I first met them at the 2011 REFUEL race, where they had a large contingent of people wearing EV West branded t-shirts.
The company just announced they had entered the 2012 Pikes Peak Hill Climb. I suppose we won’t be seeing them at REFUEL, because that event is one week before and in a wholly different direction.
They released the following youtube teaser video, saying: This is the 2012 Pikes Peak entry for EV West. 1995 BMW M3 (currently) running on a Net-Gain HV11 and a Evnetics Shiva. For more information please visit evwest.com or visit us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/ElectricVehicleWest
They posted this picture of custom designed brush holders that will be used in the car.
This shot taken in April shows twin air coolers that were installed
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021