Team Icon Brammo officials have confirmed that Steve Atlas fractured six thoracic vertebrae, and was sent from the hospital to rest in his hotel room. He can’t be too bad off if the doctors sent him home, but in no way is broken vertebrae anything to sneeze at. We wish Steve the best recovery possible. The estimate is he will be out for 6 weeks or so.
The Empulse RR had its own version of “going to the hospital” in that the Team Icon Brammo team members packed up their paddock area, and went to a nearby workshop. The damage to the bike consisted of a destroyed fairing, a scraped up handlebar, and a heavily damaged motor. It is the motor damage that will be the most difficult for the team to repair, as it damaged the encoder disc and the water cooling system. The team intends to repair the bike and get back into the race, with a replacement rider yet to be identified.
As of this writing at 3PM Brammo is still away from the track, and the qualifying race is due to occur at 5:30PM (more likely 6PM) this evening. In the past, teams who were unable to race in the qualifying round would be gridded on the rear row of the starting field during the actual race.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020