Happy were we to see this buried in the interview:-
You announced last year the fact you were going into partnership with TTXGP to produce a race-ready bike for future teams; the Empulse TTX. How have these plans progressed, and when can future racers take possession of one? BW: The Empulse TTX will be based on our production Empulse and Empulse R platform which will be launched to the public on May 8. The bike has been developed with the goal of having a solid platform upon which a privateer or professional race team can cost-effectively build a contender for the TTXGP series. We will begin testing this summer and it seems likely that an interested racer could take possession in early 2013.
And this as well:-
Brammo is a leader in the electric vehicle industry and has a team that has raced with TTXGP since 2009. How do you see these technologies developing and what on-track improvements can we expect in the next five-10 years? BW: Even having been involved from the initial “drop of the flag,” we have been very impressed with the pace of development in the electric motorcycle space on all sides of technology. For the near future, I think we can expect to see the power levels continuing to climb to the near 200hp level and the bike weights continue to drop well into the sub-450 pound range. Of course, this level of motor performance will be useless without the battery power and endurance needed to make use of it, so we can expect improvements to specific power and capacity as well. At the moment, the bikes are circulating around the tracks on pace with a well-sorted SuperSport class race bike, but I think it will not be long before they are competitive with the professional SuperBikes.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019