Rumors surfaced yesterday based on a report in a Japanese motorsports magazine that Toyota was planning to enter the Super GT race series with a GT300 class car based on a Prius. Yup. The Prius GT300. Rather than start with Toyota’s GT86 sports car, they’re starting with a Prius. Obviously they’re looking to blow apart the stereotype of the Prius being a pokey family car, and get some testosterone into the brand. Or something.
Not many details were available, not even an official confirmation. The Toyota Motorsports website hasn’t been updated in awhile, doesn’t even have anything on that electric race car they took to the Nurburgring last summer. We’ll have to keep an eye out on SuperGT.net for their list of entrants in next years series.
Toyota Prius for the Super GT GT300
Overbearing Toyota Prius Super GT hypothetical figure exposure – also http://auto.hexun.com/2011-12-06/136027634.html
Toyota reportedly to market Prius GT300 in Super GT racing instead of GT 86
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021