Regardless of the recent announcement by FIM of their competing electric motorcyle race, several organizations have announced participation in the TTXGP series. These moves demonstrate continuing support for the TTXGP race series especially as some followed FIM’s announcement.
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A. November 7, 2009 – The SWIGZ.COM Pro racing team announced they would enter the TTXGP races in both the U.S. and UK. The team is lead by pro rider Chip Yates. They have recently retained a program manager, several engineers and a 3D CAD designer from the helicopter and unmanned aircraft industries who are experienced in lightweight yet powerful electric drivetrains and advanced control systems. They plan to set up operations in the UK in the second quarter of 2010. They expect to build, in the U.S., a fully functional race bike in the first quarter of 2010. Phase two is expected to occur in the UK, build several duplicate bikes, and to participate in TTXGP racing.
Italy, Nov 26, 2009 – Italian race bike manufacturer, CRP Racing, announced that it will be building electric super sports motorcycles exclusively for TTXGP. Their bike, the eCRP1.0, is expected to launch at the Motorsports Industry Association (MIA) event Cleaner Racing Conference on 13 January 2010 at NEC in Birmingham. While CRP Racing has their own race team, they are not planning to race their own team in the TTXGP. They will only build and sell motorcycles to teams that want to take part to the TTXGP series.
TTXGP announced, Nov 26, 2009, confirmed dates for the UK Championship race series. These events will be held at Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire (3-4 July), Snetterton, Norfolk (17-18 July) and Castle Combe, Wiltshire (11 September). The series is sanctioned by the ACU and supported by the British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF).
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ – Zero Motorcycles announced creation of a street motorcycle racing team and plans to enter TTXGP competition. They say their bike bike will draw heavily from their commercial street bike, the Zero S. Zero Motorcycles makes a range of electric motorcycles and has been in this business for several years. In April 2009 they had run their own race, the 24 Hours of Electricross, a 24 hour endurance race held at a dirt bike track in San Jose CA. More recently Zero Motorcycles took first place in a sanctioned motocross race (finishing third overall in points for the series), in France hosted by the French Federation of Motorcycles. The Zero MX beat out more than 200 450cc gas motorcycles in fierce competition.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021