Regardless of the recent announcement by FIM of their competing electric motorcyle race, several organizations have announced participation in the TTXGP series. These moves demonstrate continuing support for the TTXGP race series especially as some followed FIM’s announcement.
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIFORNIA, U.S.A. November 7, 2009 – The SWIGZ.COM Pro racing team announced they would enter the TTXGP races in both the U.S. and UK. The team is lead by pro rider Chip Yates. They have recently retained a program manager, several engineers and a 3D CAD designer from the helicopter and unmanned aircraft industries who are experienced in lightweight yet powerful electric drivetrains and advanced control systems. They plan to set up operations in the UK in the second quarter of 2010. They expect to build, in the U.S., a fully functional race bike in the first quarter of 2010. Phase two is expected to occur in the UK, build several duplicate bikes, and to participate in TTXGP racing.
Italy, Nov 26, 2009 – Italian race bike manufacturer, CRP Racing, announced that it will be building electric super sports motorcycles exclusively for TTXGP. Their bike, the eCRP1.0, is expected to launch at the Motorsports Industry Association (MIA) event Cleaner Racing Conference on 13 January 2010 at NEC in Birmingham. While CRP Racing has their own race team, they are not planning to race their own team in the TTXGP. They will only build and sell motorcycles to teams that want to take part to the TTXGP series.
TTXGP announced, Nov 26, 2009, confirmed dates for the UK Championship race series. These events will be held at Cadwell Park, Lincolnshire (3-4 July), Snetterton, Norfolk (17-18 July) and Castle Combe, Wiltshire (11 September). The series is sanctioned by the ACU and supported by the British Motorcyclists Federation (BMF).
SANTA CRUZ, Calif., Dec. 2 /PRNewswire/ – Zero Motorcycles announced creation of a street motorcycle racing team and plans to enter TTXGP competition. They say their bike bike will draw heavily from their commercial street bike, the Zero S. Zero Motorcycles makes a range of electric motorcycles and has been in this business for several years. In April 2009 they had run their own race, the 24 Hours of Electricross, a 24 hour endurance race held at a dirt bike track in San Jose CA. More recently Zero Motorcycles took first place in a sanctioned motocross race (finishing third overall in points for the series), in France hosted by the French Federation of Motorcycles. The Zero MX beat out more than 200 450cc gas motorcycles in fierce competition.
- Dept of Energy aims for high speed EV charging network in new Grant program - May 14, 2018
- Uber self-driving car fatality blamed on faulty software - May 7, 2018
- Orange Button data taxonomy for solar financial reporting launches with developer meeting - April 20, 2018
- Self-driving vehicles need to crawl before they walk, and walk before they run - April 5, 2018
- Rapid adoption of self-driving cars considered harmful, a plea for caution - April 2, 2018
- Electric cars with 400 mile range are coming, and may need DC Fast Charging at home - March 22, 2018
- CharIN alliance meets on Tesla’s doorstep, presents CCS as the best DC Fast Charging system for electric cars - March 20, 2018
- US Govt warns Russia attacking US energy sector, renewable industry responds with cybersecurity working group - March 16, 2018
- Tesla Motors versus the other Car Makers and the future of the Car industry - February 25, 2018
- Tesla delays deliveries angering large number of fans, destroying credibility? - February 9, 2018