For 37 years the Silicon Valley chapter of the Electric Auto Association (EAA) have been holding an annual EV Rally. This annual event began in 1972, predating the first of the oil crises in that era, and predating most of the other events that induced awareness of the need for electric vehicles.
The event includes a display of electric vehicles owned by chapter members, as well as several electric vehicle vendors. Some of these vehicles are home built conversions, some are electric bicycles, scooters or motorcycles, and some are commercial electric vehicles. The members of this chapter own several RAV4-EV’s and other current or prior era commercially built electric vehicles.
Ten years ago the major car companies regularly attended this rally. That was during a prior era of commercially built electric vehicles, back when California’s ZEV regulations still had enough teeth to cause electric vehicles production. Among those cars being shown in that era were GM’s EV1, Honda’s EVplus, and Nissan’s Altima.
Among the vendors expected this year are:-
- GreenEmotor a local electric scooter importer
- electric-bikes.com a local network of cooperating businesses selling electric bicycles and parts
- Ethical Approach Auto Sales a local electric vehicle dealer selling a range of vehicles
- ZuumCraft maker of a new and exciting three wheel electric scooter
- Green Rides Dealer of electric scooters, ATVs, and motorcycles, and neighborhood electric vehicles, including ZENN.
- Green Vehicles Manufacturer of a range of electric vehicles including the highway-capable Triac.
- Electric Motorsport Maker of the GPR-S electric motorcycle, contestant in this years TTXGP race, and long time shop performing electric motorcycle conversions.
- eeVee Motors Shop performing Honda Civic conversions using LiFePo4 batteries.
- Electro Automotive Sells kits for converting cars to electric with AC or DC drive systems.
- Tesla Motors delivers hardcore smackdown on trucking and supercar industries with Semi and Roadster 2 - November 16, 2017
- Tesla’s Class 8 electric truck, first showing due tomorrow, is important, but hardly the second coming of Christ - November 15, 2017
- Gov Brown tells protesters he’ll put them in the ground, that CA should rely on its own oil versus Venezuela’s - November 14, 2017
- Can Bitcoin/Blockchain technology democratize the renewable energy industry? - November 9, 2017
- ABB challenges Tesla Supercharger network with 150 kiloWatt CHAdeMO/CCS DCFC charging station - October 4, 2017
- Dept of Energy moving forward with energy storage research projects, doubling down on renewable energy - September 18, 2017
- Nissan introduces 2018 Nissan Leaf, stressing autonomous driving over electric vehicle technology - September 5, 2017
- Jimmy Carter’s Crisis of Confidence speech was political disaster, but oh if we’d only stuck to his plan … - September 4, 2017
- Trump Administration fiddles in Washington while Houston drowns under extreme weather hurricane - August 28, 2017
- Is Tesla painting itself into a corner because Gigafactory only builds Lithium-ION cells? - August 14, 2017