For 37 years the Silicon Valley chapter of the Electric Auto Association (EAA) have been holding an annual EV Rally. This annual event began in 1972, predating the first of the oil crises in that era, and predating most of the other events that induced awareness of the need for electric vehicles.
The event includes a display of electric vehicles owned by chapter members, as well as several electric vehicle vendors. Some of these vehicles are home built conversions, some are electric bicycles, scooters or motorcycles, and some are commercial electric vehicles. The members of this chapter own several RAV4-EV’s and other current or prior era commercially built electric vehicles.
Ten years ago the major car companies regularly attended this rally. That was during a prior era of commercially built electric vehicles, back when California’s ZEV regulations still had enough teeth to cause electric vehicles production. Among those cars being shown in that era were GM’s EV1, Honda’s EVplus, and Nissan’s Altima.
Among the vendors expected this year are:-
- GreenEmotor a local electric scooter importer
- electric-bikes.com a local network of cooperating businesses selling electric bicycles and parts
- Ethical Approach Auto Sales a local electric vehicle dealer selling a range of vehicles
- ZuumCraft maker of a new and exciting three wheel electric scooter
- Green Rides Dealer of electric scooters, ATVs, and motorcycles, and neighborhood electric vehicles, including ZENN.
- Green Vehicles Manufacturer of a range of electric vehicles including the highway-capable Triac.
- Electric Motorsport Maker of the GPR-S electric motorcycle, contestant in this years TTXGP race, and long time shop performing electric motorcycle conversions.
- eeVee Motors Shop performing Honda Civic conversions using LiFePo4 batteries.
- Electro Automotive Sells kits for converting cars to electric with AC or DC drive systems.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021