For 37 years the Silicon Valley chapter of the Electric Auto Association (EAA) have been holding an annual EV Rally. This annual event began in 1972, predating the first of the oil crises in that era, and predating most of the other events that induced awareness of the need for electric vehicles.
The event includes a display of electric vehicles owned by chapter members, as well as several electric vehicle vendors. Some of these vehicles are home built conversions, some are electric bicycles, scooters or motorcycles, and some are commercial electric vehicles. The members of this chapter own several RAV4-EV’s and other current or prior era commercially built electric vehicles.
Ten years ago the major car companies regularly attended this rally. That was during a prior era of commercially built electric vehicles, back when California’s ZEV regulations still had enough teeth to cause electric vehicles production. Among those cars being shown in that era were GM’s EV1, Honda’s EVplus, and Nissan’s Altima.
Among the vendors expected this year are:-
- GreenEmotor a local electric scooter importer
- electric-bikes.com a local network of cooperating businesses selling electric bicycles and parts
- Ethical Approach Auto Sales a local electric vehicle dealer selling a range of vehicles
- ZuumCraft maker of a new and exciting three wheel electric scooter
- Green Rides Dealer of electric scooters, ATVs, and motorcycles, and neighborhood electric vehicles, including ZENN.
- Green Vehicles Manufacturer of a range of electric vehicles including the highway-capable Triac.
- Electric Motorsport Maker of the GPR-S electric motorcycle, contestant in this years TTXGP race, and long time shop performing electric motorcycle conversions.
- eeVee Motors Shop performing Honda Civic conversions using LiFePo4 batteries.
- Electro Automotive Sells kits for converting cars to electric with AC or DC drive systems.
- Electrify America aims to simplify electric car charging - May 15, 2019
- Telling your neighbors about your electric car helps them over the hump - May 12, 2019
- Illinois EV tax echos question of road funding when gas taxes shrink - May 10, 2019
- Biden/Ukraine story getting more heat and suspiciousness - May 2, 2019
- Explosion at APS energy storage unit injures firefighters, casts doubt on energy storage - April 23, 2019
- No, Tesla is not phasing out the J1772 adapter - April 17, 2019
- Near destruction of the Notre Dame contains lesson in thinking ahead - April 16, 2019
- Nepotism bites VP Joe Biden as he starts 2020 Presidential run - April 13, 2019
- Tesla almost kills $35k Model 3, launches lease program, still shows misleading pricing - April 13, 2019
- Tesla CEO Elon Musk giving flawed charging advice on Twitter - April 11, 2019