For 37 years the Silicon Valley chapter of the Electric Auto Association (EAA) have been holding an annual EV Rally. This annual event began in 1972, predating the first of the oil crises in that era, and predating most of the other events that induced awareness of the need for electric vehicles.
The event includes a display of electric vehicles owned by chapter members, as well as several electric vehicle vendors. Some of these vehicles are home built conversions, some are electric bicycles, scooters or motorcycles, and some are commercial electric vehicles. The members of this chapter own several RAV4-EV’s and other current or prior era commercially built electric vehicles.
Ten years ago the major car companies regularly attended this rally. That was during a prior era of commercially built electric vehicles, back when California’s ZEV regulations still had enough teeth to cause electric vehicles production. Among those cars being shown in that era were GM’s EV1, Honda’s EVplus, and Nissan’s Altima.
Among the vendors expected this year are:-
- GreenEmotor a local electric scooter importer
- electric-bikes.com a local network of cooperating businesses selling electric bicycles and parts
- Ethical Approach Auto Sales a local electric vehicle dealer selling a range of vehicles
- ZuumCraft maker of a new and exciting three wheel electric scooter
- Green Rides Dealer of electric scooters, ATVs, and motorcycles, and neighborhood electric vehicles, including ZENN.
- Green Vehicles Manufacturer of a range of electric vehicles including the highway-capable Triac.
- Electric Motorsport Maker of the GPR-S electric motorcycle, contestant in this years TTXGP race, and long time shop performing electric motorcycle conversions.
- eeVee Motors Shop performing Honda Civic conversions using LiFePo4 batteries.
- Electro Automotive Sells kits for converting cars to electric with AC or DC drive systems.
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020