The eGrandPrix is an electric motorcycle racing organization launched over the last year. Their first race, the TTXGP, was held in June on the Isle of Man as part of the yearly TT racing event. The second event was an eGrandPrix exhibition at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days event in July in Ohio. At that event Azhar Hussain promised news of more electric motorcycle racing starting in 2010.
In June the FIM annonced a new electric motorcycle racing series for 2010.
For TTXGP 2010 on the Isle of Man they have announced some changes. The feet-forward design will remain as part of the rules. The racing classes will include PRO1 and PRO2, and in 2010 they will not run the OPEN class. The OPEN class was meant for lower cost bikes to compete and included a requirement that the bike be sold at the end of the race and that the total cost not exceed 20,000 pounds. The PRO class was for cost-is-no-limit bikes. For 2010 the two PRO classes are differentiated with the PRO1 bikes being required to make one lap around the course, and the PRO2 bikes required to make two laps. The TT Mountain Course is a 38 mile loop around the Isle of Man, along regular roads on the island, and includes a climb over a 1400 foot tall mountain. The PRO2 bikes will be allowed a battery exchange for the second lap.
In July they announced a four-round series of races in the UK, “The TTXGP UK Championship 2010“. Regulations and management of the Series will be handled by the newly formed Zero Carbon Racing Commission, comprising representatives from both TTXGP and ACUE. Additionally Azhar Hussain promises a similar racing series in the U.S. but details are not available yet.
On September 4-5, 2009, the TTXGP/eGrandPrix will appear at the World SuperBike round at Nürburgring, we will be delivering an exhibition lap with some of the TTXGP teams from the Isle of Man 2009 and welcoming some new cast members to the show. As an exhibition event this should be similar to the showing at the AMA Vintage Motorcycle Days, involving several bikes some of whom raced on the Isle of Man, along with a booth where people can stop by to look at the bikes and chat.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021