Today, after several actions related to California’s water crisis, Gov. Jerry Brown issued an Executive Order enacting the strictest climate change targets of any North America territory. The new goals are to reduce greenhouse gas emissions to 40% below 1990 levels by 2030. California is on target to reach the existing goal of matching 1990 emissions levels by 2020, and may well exceed that target before 2020.
The overarching goal is to reduce emissions to 80% of 1990 levels by 2050. The consensus among scientists is that this will mitigate the risk of catastrophic climate change.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021