Later this year Kia is due to launch sales of the Kia Soul EV in California. It’s thought production will be small at first, and with distribution only in California we might think this car is a Compliance Car – however, it’s also thought Kia will ramp up production and sales into other other regions over time. If true that’s a sign the Soul EV is not a compliance car, and another sign would be if Kia were to build EV charging infrastructure. One of the factoids demonstrating Nissan’s and Tesla’s seriousity for success in electric cars is that both companies are putting $$$’s into building EV charging infrastructure. Will Kia do so as well?
Turns out they will, according to a press release issued today by ABB. ABB is providing Terra 53 DC Fast Chargers to Kia dealers. The Soul EV is attractive in part because of its CHAdeMO charging port.
From the press release: “The Soul EV is a key vehicle within Kia’s ‘Clean Mobility’ program, and having access to Level 2 and DC fast chargers at our select dealerships is an additional opportunity for Kia to provide value to Soul EV owners in comfortable, premiere locations,” said Orth Hedrick, vice president of product planning at Kia Motors America. “Our customers are making a sincere effort to be eco-conscious and Kia is committed to delivering both flexible and convenient charging options to Soul EV owners.”
- Highway design could decrease death and injury risk, if “we” chose smarter designs - March 28, 2015
- GM really did trademark “range anxiety”, only later to abandon that mark - March 25, 2015
- US Government releases new regulations on hydraulic fracturing, that some call “toothless” - March 20, 2015
- Tesla Motors magic pill to solve range anxiety doesn’t quite instill range confidence - March 19, 2015
- Update on Galena IL oil train – 21 cars involved, which were the supposedly safer CP1232 design - March 7, 2015
- Another oil bomb train – why are they shipping crude oil by train? – Symptoms of fossil fuel addiction - March 6, 2015
- Chevron relinquishes fracking in Romania, as part of broader pull-out from Eastern European fracking operations - February 22, 2015
- Answer anti- electric car articles with truth and pride – truth outshines all distortions - February 19, 2015
- Apple taking big risk on developing a car? Please, Apple, don’t go there! - February 16, 2015
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda working on Japanese fuel cell infrastructure for Japanese government - February 12, 2015