For several years now Mark Miller has ridden with MotoCzysz for the TT ZERO. I just came across a Facebook posting by Mark Miller containing a press release saying he will be racing with Team Vercarmoto.
In 2013 the team took fifth place with Chris McGahan riding. For 2014 the team is looking to get on the podium, and have turned to Mark Miller. His pedigree with the TT ZERO is excellent, finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd each time he participated except in 2013 when a bike failure forced him to retire halfway through the race.
The bike he’s riding, the Vercar R6E, is built on a Yamaha R6 donor bike and has a 6-speed gearbox. That’s an interesting choice since the majority of electric motorcycles have no gearbox at all, but are directly geared. It’s 75 horsepower and 225 kilograms and top speed around 155 miles/hr.
That’s fast, sure enough, but not in the same speed category as the Bramo Empulse RR, MotoCzysz e1pc, or Lightning Superbike. On the other hand, TT ZERO isn’t about raw speed, but the longevity to make it around the 38+ mile track.
- We must pressure Biden over climate despite choosing Kerry as climate representative - November 25, 2020
- Tesla Autopilot danger from “passive vigilance” effect - October 24, 2020
- CALFire seizes PG&E equipment investigating cause of Zogg Fire in 2020 wildfire season - October 10, 2020
- Protect yourself from unhealthy air in wildfire zones - September 12, 2020
- 5+ million acres burned, choking smoke, Climate Change accelerated - September 12, 2020
- La Nina develops, promising longer 2020 fire and hurricane season - September 10, 2020
- California wildfires 2020, over 2 million acres burned - September 9, 2020
- Disease risk higher in highly polluted areas – COVID-19 risk greater? - April 1, 2020
- Conservative values failing USA as EPA guts fuel efficiency standards, fails with COVID-19 response - April 1, 2020
- SunSpec aims to help Veterans transition to clean energy jobs - March 31, 2020