For several years now Mark Miller has ridden with MotoCzysz for the TT ZERO. I just came across a Facebook posting by Mark Miller containing a press release saying he will be racing with Team Vercarmoto.
In 2013 the team took fifth place with Chris McGahan riding. For 2014 the team is looking to get on the podium, and have turned to Mark Miller. His pedigree with the TT ZERO is excellent, finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd each time he participated except in 2013 when a bike failure forced him to retire halfway through the race.
The bike he’s riding, the Vercar R6E, is built on a Yamaha R6 donor bike and has a 6-speed gearbox. That’s an interesting choice since the majority of electric motorcycles have no gearbox at all, but are directly geared. It’s 75 horsepower and 225 kilograms and top speed around 155 miles/hr.
That’s fast, sure enough, but not in the same speed category as the Bramo Empulse RR, MotoCzysz e1pc, or Lightning Superbike. On the other hand, TT ZERO isn’t about raw speed, but the longevity to make it around the 38+ mile track.
- A destroyed Paradise, PG&E shuts down power, Tesla catches up with Zombie Apocalypse - October 10, 2019
- Iowa declares EV charging is not a utility, and allows use of on-site solar/wind - October 9, 2019
- Trump administration reopens leasing of federal lands in California for fracking - October 7, 2019
- Fremont Police disputes hooplah over Tesla-based patrol car running out of power - October 1, 2019
- Solar and Wind power could help Romania avoid electricity blackouts - October 1, 2019
- Maserati, Bently, announce electrified vehicles - September 28, 2019
- Minnesota defies Trump, joins states using California clean car standards - September 28, 2019
- Hyundai launching Green Hydrogen fuel cell trucks in Switzerland - September 26, 2019
- First gasoline station in the USA switches to 100% electric vehicle charging - September 26, 2019
- The over-amped response to a Tesla-based Police car running out of power - September 25, 2019