For several years now Mark Miller has ridden with MotoCzysz for the TT ZERO. I just came across a Facebook posting by Mark Miller containing a press release saying he will be racing with Team Vercarmoto.
In 2013 the team took fifth place with Chris McGahan riding. For 2014 the team is looking to get on the podium, and have turned to Mark Miller. His pedigree with the TT ZERO is excellent, finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd each time he participated except in 2013 when a bike failure forced him to retire halfway through the race.
The bike he’s riding, the Vercar R6E, is built on a Yamaha R6 donor bike and has a 6-speed gearbox. That’s an interesting choice since the majority of electric motorcycles have no gearbox at all, but are directly geared. It’s 75 horsepower and 225 kilograms and top speed around 155 miles/hr.
That’s fast, sure enough, but not in the same speed category as the Bramo Empulse RR, MotoCzysz e1pc, or Lightning Superbike. On the other hand, TT ZERO isn’t about raw speed, but the longevity to make it around the 38+ mile track.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021