For several years now Mark Miller has ridden with MotoCzysz for the TT ZERO. I just came across a Facebook posting by Mark Miller containing a press release saying he will be racing with Team Vercarmoto.
In 2013 the team took fifth place with Chris McGahan riding. For 2014 the team is looking to get on the podium, and have turned to Mark Miller. His pedigree with the TT ZERO is excellent, finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd each time he participated except in 2013 when a bike failure forced him to retire halfway through the race.
The bike he’s riding, the Vercar R6E, is built on a Yamaha R6 donor bike and has a 6-speed gearbox. That’s an interesting choice since the majority of electric motorcycles have no gearbox at all, but are directly geared. It’s 75 horsepower and 225 kilograms and top speed around 155 miles/hr.
That’s fast, sure enough, but not in the same speed category as the Bramo Empulse RR, MotoCzysz e1pc, or Lightning Superbike. On the other hand, TT ZERO isn’t about raw speed, but the longevity to make it around the 38+ mile track.
- Is there enough Grid Capacity for Hydrogen Fuel Cell or Battery Electric cars? - April 23, 2023
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021