For several years now Mark Miller has ridden with MotoCzysz for the TT ZERO. I just came across a Facebook posting by Mark Miller containing a press release saying he will be racing with Team Vercarmoto.
In 2013 the team took fifth place with Chris McGahan riding. For 2014 the team is looking to get on the podium, and have turned to Mark Miller. His pedigree with the TT ZERO is excellent, finishing either 1st, 2nd or 3rd each time he participated except in 2013 when a bike failure forced him to retire halfway through the race.
The bike he’s riding, the Vercar R6E, is built on a Yamaha R6 donor bike and has a 6-speed gearbox. That’s an interesting choice since the majority of electric motorcycles have no gearbox at all, but are directly geared. It’s 75 horsepower and 225 kilograms and top speed around 155 miles/hr.
That’s fast, sure enough, but not in the same speed category as the Bramo Empulse RR, MotoCzysz e1pc, or Lightning Superbike. On the other hand, TT ZERO isn’t about raw speed, but the longevity to make it around the 38+ mile track.
- Fuel cell airplane maker ZeroAvia taking on mid-range commercial air travel - August 14, 2019
- Our society is living on borrowed ancient sunlight - August 1, 2019
- Timisoara RO, curiously plans to buy light rail cars with batteries - July 18, 2019
- Chevy Bolt owner to NY Times: LA to Las Vegas takes 1/2 hour charging, not 2 1/2 - July 11, 2019
- MotoE World Cup rises from the ashes, holds first electric motorcycle race of 2019 season - July 7, 2019
- An RV based on the Tesla Semi misses the point of Tesla - July 7, 2019
- No, another high end electric sports car will not kill Tesla Motors - June 28, 2019
- LA to Vegas and back by electric car: Another unwarranted slam by a NY Times reporter - June 23, 2019
- GOP State Senators in Oregon flee vote on Cap & Trade bill - June 20, 2019
- Hydrogen refueling station in Oslo Norway explodes and burns - June 10, 2019