I neglected to post an update on Terry Hershner’s ride yesterday and today, so here goes. They’d made it to Houston yesterday, and today are in Louisana, but one last problem had to occur. At 10:30PM their time last night, the rear tire went flat.
After getting repairs done – that included cutting away some metal – they’re on the road again.
As I’m writing this, going by the Glympse tracker they posted, they’re just now entering Mississippi. The remaining trip is small, under 500 miles, crossing the Gulf Coast portions of Mississippi and Alabama, and then the Florida Panhandle to get to Jacksonville. As long as they can hold the SNAFU gods at bay, they’re in the final stretch.
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021