I neglected to post an update on Terry Hershner’s ride yesterday and today, so here goes. They’d made it to Houston yesterday, and today are in Louisana, but one last problem had to occur. At 10:30PM their time last night, the rear tire went flat.
After getting repairs done – that included cutting away some metal – they’re on the road again.
As I’m writing this, going by the Glympse tracker they posted, they’re just now entering Mississippi. The remaining trip is small, under 500 miles, crossing the Gulf Coast portions of Mississippi and Alabama, and then the Florida Panhandle to get to Jacksonville. As long as they can hold the SNAFU gods at bay, they’re in the final stretch.
- US Dept of Energy funding electric vehicle and battery research - March 6, 2020
- Bucharest abandons Oxygen tax, amid high pollution event, and Dacia’s first electric car - March 5, 2020
- Renault brand Dacia unveils most affordable electric car in Europe - March 4, 2020
- Pandemics, like Coronavirus, and our RoboTaxi-driven autonomous future - February 28, 2020
- Big advertising splash for GMC Hummer EV - January 30, 2020
- EU’s Green Deal means Romania risks losing 40% of electricity production - January 27, 2020
- Hyundai/Kia investing in Arrival to co-develop electric vehicle technology - January 16, 2020
- EV charging station costs can be reduced, says Rocky Mountain Institute - January 16, 2020
- GM’s Hummer jaw dropping electric pickup return a sign of shifting car industry - January 13, 2020
- Every plug-in vehicle has the right to access charging stations - December 28, 2019