I neglected to post an update on Terry Hershner’s ride yesterday and today, so here goes. They’d made it to Houston yesterday, and today are in Louisana, but one last problem had to occur. At 10:30PM their time last night, the rear tire went flat.
After getting repairs done – that included cutting away some metal – they’re on the road again.
As I’m writing this, going by the Glympse tracker they posted, they’re just now entering Mississippi. The remaining trip is small, under 500 miles, crossing the Gulf Coast portions of Mississippi and Alabama, and then the Florida Panhandle to get to Jacksonville. As long as they can hold the SNAFU gods at bay, they’re in the final stretch.
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches Rule-Making for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple California Flats solar farm using Tesla Megapack energy storage - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021