I neglected to post an update on Terry Hershner’s ride yesterday and today, so here goes. They’d made it to Houston yesterday, and today are in Louisana, but one last problem had to occur. At 10:30PM their time last night, the rear tire went flat.
After getting repairs done – that included cutting away some metal – they’re on the road again.
As I’m writing this, going by the Glympse tracker they posted, they’re just now entering Mississippi. The remaining trip is small, under 500 miles, crossing the Gulf Coast portions of Mississippi and Alabama, and then the Florida Panhandle to get to Jacksonville. As long as they can hold the SNAFU gods at bay, they’re in the final stretch.
- Hydrogen stations in SF Bay Area still offline, 4 months after explosion - September 20, 2019
- Trump’s team possibly committing bad crimes over the Biden/Ukraine story - September 20, 2019
- Daimler to stop developing internal combustion engines - September 19, 2019
- The fight against Trump Administration plan to revoke California clean air standards - September 18, 2019
- A 2011 Leaf with a 60 kWh battery pack and 400 km driving range - September 16, 2019
- Elon Musk says Tesla is coming to Romania soon - September 9, 2019
- An inexpensive AI computer kit for understanding autonomous self-driving cars - September 3, 2019
- A practical reason behind Trump’s insane quest to buy Greenland? - August 30, 2019
- Digital redlining with scooter and car sharing services - August 30, 2019
- German EV Study: Fast Charging not required at home - August 28, 2019