|(the actual video is below)|
Why have Conservatives in America fought so hard against electrified vehicles? This is puzzling since electric and plug-in hybrid cars are in huge alignment with lots of Conservative Values. EV’s mean less fossil oil consumption, which means sending less money out of the country, which would improve the US balance of trade and other economic measures. Further, the recipients of that money, OPEC et al, aren’t all friendly to the US or other Western powers, meaning reduction of oil imports would undermine those country’s economies. This case for buying EV’s has nothing to do with tree hugging granola loving environmental stuff, but is purely about global economics and power balance.
Why again have Conservatives been fighting to preserve oil company interests and fight against the Volt et al? Oh, yeah, right, they’re committed to destroying President Obama no matter what harm they wreak on the US. Proof? What about the nonsensical Government Shutdown a few weeks ago that nearly wrecked the world economy?
Given all the negative coverage of the Volt in particular, and EV’s in general, by Fox News, pardon me for a moment to shake my head in disbelief with this, and applaud the fact that some Conservatives are beginning to wake up:
As a reminder of what Fox News’ coverage has been like, here’s a clip from Bill O’Reilly slamming the Volt. Slander. Slanted bogus reporting. They even lean on the totally bogus “Chevy Volt Catches Fire” line of reasoning (for the truth on that see
Chevy Volt battery pack fire in 2011 for a complete rundown of what actually happened, as well as Car fires for electric cars – Volt, BYD, Karma, etc for the broader issue of electric car fires).
- Highway design could decrease death and injury risk, if “we” chose smarter designs - March 28, 2015
- GM really did trademark “range anxiety”, only later to abandon that mark - March 25, 2015
- US Government releases new regulations on hydraulic fracturing, that some call “toothless” - March 20, 2015
- Tesla Motors magic pill to solve range anxiety doesn’t quite instill range confidence - March 19, 2015
- Update on Galena IL oil train – 21 cars involved, which were the supposedly safer CP1232 design - March 7, 2015
- Another oil bomb train – why are they shipping crude oil by train? – Symptoms of fossil fuel addiction - March 6, 2015
- Chevron relinquishes fracking in Romania, as part of broader pull-out from Eastern European fracking operations - February 22, 2015
- Answer anti- electric car articles with truth and pride – truth outshines all distortions - February 19, 2015
- Apple taking big risk on developing a car? Please, Apple, don’t go there! - February 16, 2015
- Toyota, Nissan, Honda working on Japanese fuel cell infrastructure for Japanese government - February 12, 2015