The Isle of Man folk have posted sector-by-sector results from the 2013 and they give a little bit of insight into why the race ended as it did.
On almost every sector Michael Rutter took the sector a few seconds slower than did John McGuinness. After the Bungalow sector that changed, and Rutter took the next two sectors faster.
This matches McGuinness’ report that Rutter disappeared off into the distance after the Bungalow. It also matches Mark Miller’s description of the team strategy.
Meaning, that Rutter was holding back on the juice until the end, to make a sprint and go for the win.
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021
- Kia introduces EV6, with 500 km range, ultra-fast 800v charging - March 30, 2021
- Volkswagen renames itself Voltswagen to demonstrate EV embrace - March 30, 2021
- Big Lie: Wind turbines cause Texas to freeze during massive winter storm - February 17, 2021
- Shell announces shift to renewable energy, peak oil production in 2019 - February 16, 2021
- Electric Last Mile Solutions seeks to electrify delivery van market - February 12, 2021