The Isle of Man folk have posted sector-by-sector results from the 2013 and they give a little bit of insight into why the race ended as it did.
On almost every sector Michael Rutter took the sector a few seconds slower than did John McGuinness. After the Bungalow sector that changed, and Rutter took the next two sectors faster.
This matches McGuinness’ report that Rutter disappeared off into the distance after the Bungalow. It also matches Mark Miller’s description of the team strategy.
Meaning, that Rutter was holding back on the juice until the end, to make a sprint and go for the win.
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA to increase domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America on route to USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda jointly create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021
- California launches massive Rule-Making effort for clean energy electricity grid - July 9, 2021
- Apple using Tesla Megapack energy storage at California Flats solar farm - April 1, 2021
- Tesla Supercharger network finally expanding into Romania - March 31, 2021
- Volkswagen USA LIED about changing its name to Voltswagen - March 31, 2021
- Apple moving 110 suppliers to renewable energy solutions - March 31, 2021
- BMW makes deal for lithium sourced from salt lakes in Argentina - March 30, 2021