Today is Earth Day, and the Formula E guys went to Los Angeles to show off their electric race car and give Angelenos a preview of the racing championship. Los Angeles is one of the 8 cities that have committed to hosting Formula E during 2014.
The FIA Formula E World Championship is an electric car racing series, featuring Formula 1 style cars, and is slated to be held in city centers around the world. But if you read this blog you probably already know this. During 2013 they’re going to be giving demo events around the world, to raise awareness and interest.
Along with the demo in Los Angeles, they released a few pictures that may be the actual car meant for the racing series. The car looks somewhat like the sketch released a couple months ago, and it looks nothing like the Formulec car that have been the only pictures we had available until now.
|For comparison – this is the sketch released 2 months ago|
- Is Tesla finagling to grab federal NEVI dollars for Supercharger network? - November 15, 2022
- Tesla announces the North American Charging Standard charging connector - November 11, 2022
- Lightning Motorcycles adopts Silicon battery, 5 minute charge time gives 135 miles range - November 9, 2022
- Tesla Autopilot under US Dept of Transportation scrutiny - June 13, 2022
- Spectacular CNG bus fire misrepresented as EV bus fire - April 21, 2022
- Moldova, Ukraine, Georgia, Russia, and the European Energy Crisis - December 21, 2021
- Li-Bridge leading the USA across lithium battery chasm - October 29, 2021
- USA increasing domestic lithium battery research and manufacturing - October 28, 2021
- Electrify America building USA/Canada-wide EV charging network - October 27, 2021
- Komatsu and Honda create electric micro-Excavator - July 10, 2021